Chronomancer - Grayklay Epic Mesmer Build
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Use the pistol for the CC and the strong ranged DPS phantasm.
Since the shield phantasm does very low damage, only use this if you are sure that the alacrity it provides for your group will make up for your personal damage loss.
- Well of Eternity for group heal and more alacrity.
- Mantra of Recovery for short fights when casting phantasm is a waste of time. It's a personal DPS boost with the trait Harmonious Mantras.
- Mass Invisibility for skipping something.
- Well of Recall provides a lot of alacrity for your group. Loses a bit of its effectiveness if your party contains revenants or thieves as their class mechanic does not allow them a DPS increase with alacrity.
- Well of Action is like a small Time Warp that will increase your group DPS and provides 2 seconds of alacrity with the All's Well That Ends Well trait.
- Well of Precognition is a 3 second blur for your whole group you can use if your group has trouble surviving. Provides 2 seconds of alacrity with the All's Well That Ends Well trait.
- Feedback if reflect is needed. Consider traiting the Inspiration traitline to provide more reflect if necessary.
- Null Field group condition cleanse and boon stripping. Suited for boon heavy or condition heavy encounters (i.e. dredges).
- Mimic to immediately recharge the next utility skill you use. You should use this skill to double one of your wells. Very useful for double Blink or double Portal Entre. You need to use Mimic then use the skill you want to use twice. For Portal Entre you need to use Mimic just before opening the Portal Exeunt. It is also useful for a double Feedback if your party lacks reflect uptime.
- Blink to increase mobility and ease skipping.
- Portal Entre to allow creative use of mechanics. See the Portal section below for further details.
- Signet of Inspiration spreads the boons you have to rest of your party and as such helps achieve a desired amount of Fury, Might and Quickness. However, if your team can not achieve a medium amount of might on its own (<5 Might), you should reconsider the cost of the utility slot. Also you can just take Illusionary Inspiration to have the signet active when you cast a phantasm.
- Mantra of Pain Good damage output and low recharge. It's a 3% personal DPS boost for 10 seconds with the trait Harmonious Mantras for each mantra charge you use.
- Mantra of Concentration group stability and an extra stunbreak. It's a 3% personal DPS boost for 10 seconds with the trait Harmonious Mantras for each mantra charge you use.
- Mantra of Resolve group condition cleanse suited best for short fights. It's a 3% personal DPS boost for 10 seconds with the trait Harmonious Mantras for each mantra charge you use.
- Phantasmal Defender for damage heavy encounters such as level 50 fractals. It's usually not used though as it takes the place of one of your phantasms.
- Signet of Midnight paired with Blurred Inscriptions for an on demand Distortion for tough encounters. Usually not needed as Mesmer has many way to avoid taking damage. When using the Reflect Variant, you get an AoE Distortion when using this skill, which can replace a Guardian's Aegis.
- Signet of Domination use only when your group struggles with breaking Breakbars.
DPS Main Build
- Use Danger Time in short fights or while using a shield. Only use this with full berserker gear.
- Use Persistence of Memory if you want to shatter more often.
Substitute Illusions with Dueling in short fights or replace Illusions with Dominitation if you need vigor or fury.
Substitute Illusions, Dueling or Domination with Inspiration if you need more reflect.
- Use Medic's Feedback for an additional reflect while resurrecting allies.
- If you want to play with Danger Time trait you should only wear Berserker's gear or you will reach more than 100% critical chance with fury.
- to maximize you personal damge and when the fight is very short or you have no wells or Signet of the Ether equipped. Especially recommended for high-level fractals, when you have to use you utility skills for reflect, condition removal etc. and dungeons where the fights are so short, that you don't need to increase your quickness uptime.
- for even more quickness uptime, especially in raids.
- for more reflect damage.
- for The Ruined City of Arah.
- for Caudecus's Manor and Cliffside.
- for Honor of the Waves.
- in night time dungeons.
- Note: It may benefit you to keep a separate weapon for each variant in your inventory as swapping sigils over time can become expensive.