Chronomancer - Sword/x Phantasms
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Chronomancer build for running around in open world. This build can hold its own in sustained fights against difficult enemies, and has unrivaled crowd control capability. It can also take a large variety of defensive and utility skills.
- You can run Focus for the pull and relatively high DPS phantasm.
- You can carry a Greatsword if you need a ranged weapon, or for open world farming.
- Healing Skills
- Signet of the Ether - if you don't need condition cleanse.
- Utility Skills
- Phantasmal Defender - longer cooldown than Phantasmal Disenchanter but comes with a taunt and high burst damage.
- Mantra of Pain - alternative burst damage option.
- Mantra of Resolve - if more condition cleanse is needed.
- Feedback - if having trouble with projectiles.
- Blink - powerful mobility skill and stun break.
- Mantra of Concentration - if you need multiple successive stun breaks.
- Elite Skills
- Time Warp - for sharing quickness when fighting bounties or other bosses.
- Time Catches Up - if not running wells.
- Domination is also viable instead of Illusions. This provides similar damage and also synergizes well with greatsword if you're running it.
- Imagined Burden - if running greatsword.
- Inspiration is a DPS loss but significantly improves your healing and condition cleanse.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Chronomancer - Power DPS build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- provides high sustain at the cost of damage.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- Your highest damage skills are Blurred Frenzy, Well of Calamity, and your phantasms (except Echo of Memory). Use them whenever available and fill in the rest with autoattacks.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain.
- Mind Wrack whenever you have 3 illusions up.
- Illusionary Riposte is a DPS increase if you block with it.
- If running Signet of the Ether you can use it as a cooldown reset for your phantasms. You can Continuum Split while casting Signet of the Ether for even more cooldown resets.
- Blurred Frenzy provides total invulnerability for up to 1 second depending on your quickness uptime. Abuse this to avoid attacks instead of dodging.
- Distortion is another invulnerability skill you can use.
- Well of Precognition pulses aegis and is effectively a third invulnerability skill.
- Phantasm. Block incoming attacks for a short duration. If this skill fully channels, summon a phantasm that slows enemies and grants alacrity to allies. If an attack is blocked, Deja Vu is usable for a short time.
- Illusionary Riposte is another block.
- Tides of Time and Gravity Well stun enemies for a long duration, giving you some breathing room. You can also use Diversion or
- Feedback can be used against projectiles.
- You can use any of the above in Continuum Split to get a free cast of the skill without it going on cooldown.
- Stand in your wells for the entire duration to get the healing from All's Well That Ends Well.
- If you're going to take a lot of unavoidable damage, you can Continuum Split before taking damage and then Continuum Shift to rewind your health (effectively healing for the entire amount of the damage).
- For more sustain you can trait Inspiration and shatter liberally for heals and condition cleanse.
- If you need even more condition cleanse, slot Mantra of Resolve.