Daredevil - Bounding Staff
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Daredevil build for running around in open world. This build deals good damage while dodging almost constantly, making it one of the best builds for evading damage.
- You can run Dagger/Pistol or Pistol/Pistol in your second weapon slot to break defiance bars with Headshot.
- You can carry a Shortbow for mobility or open world farming.
- Signet of Malice - if you take very little incoming damage.
- Hide in Shadows - if having issues with burning, poison, bleeding, or confusion.
- Assassin's Signet - more damage.
- Haste - alternative stun break that provides more damage.
- Shadowstep - alternative stun break that grants mobility and condition cleanse.
- Smoke Screen - blinds enemies and blocks projectiles.
- Tripwire - if crowd control is needed.
- Shadow Refuge - to escape from enemies or stealth past them.
- Basilisk Venom - grants significantly more defiance bar damage than Impact Strike if there are nearby players.
- Thieves Guild - more damage.
- Dagger Storm - a 4 second evade.
- No Quarter - if you don't need healing.
- Brawler's Tenacity - if you need Channeled Vigor or Bandit's Defense a lot.
- Can't find such trait "Escapist's Absolution"! Please refer to our trait index - if conditions are a problem.
- Unhindered Combatant - grants a ridiculous amount of mobility.
Deadly Arts Variant
- Deadly Arts is also viable instead of Trickery. This deals more raw damage but provides less consistent access to Vigor and Fury}.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses the same gear as the Daredevil - Power DPS build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- provides high sustain at the cost of damage.
- For a tankier option you can run this combination of Marauder and Valkyrie stats. You lose about 10% damage (and a small amount of healing from Invigorating Precision) but your health is increased by 55%. This helps you not get one-shot if you accidentally miss a dodge.
If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- This build is pretty easy to deal damage with, just use Weakening Charge, Fist Flurry, and autoattack.
- You can spam Vault for AoE burst damage.
- Dodge any time your endurance is full to get the bonuses from Staff Master and Bounding Dodger.
- Use Steal off cooldown for boons.
- You have lots and lots of dodges with this build. Debilitating Arc and Vault are also dodges.
- If you're caught without any endurance you can press Signet of Agility.
- Block attacks with Bandit's Defense.
- Impact Strike can be used to interrupt dangerous enemy attacks.
- Smoke Screen can be used to blind enemies or destroy projectiles.
- You can run Dagger Storm for more projectile defense.
- You have a massive amount of healing from Invigorating Precision.
- Channeled Vigor is a large heal on a short cooldown (16 seconds with Brawler's Tenacity traited).
- In dire situations, Signet of Agility cleanses conditions. If you have lots of trouble with conditions you should run Can't find such trait "Escapist's Absolution"! Please refer to our trait index and/or Hide in Shadows.
- Stealth is one of the most useful tools available to Thieves. Use Shadow Refuge to channel hero points or sneak through otherwise dangerous places.
- If Shadow Refuge is not enough, you can blast stealth. To do this, equip a shortbow, place a Smoke Screen, then spam Cluster Bomb in the smoke field.