Daredevil - Bounding Staff
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skill Bar
- 3 Specializations
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Consumables
- 6 Usage
Power Daredevil is one of the strongest power-based open world builds in the game and is considered top tier in roaming, solo, or zerging playstyles. It is capable of completing even extremely difficult content on its own and can be quickly adjusted to become one of the best tagging builds in the game.
- Extremely mobile
- Very high sustain
- Lots of dodges
- Easy access to stealth makes it ideal for node farming / map comp
- Animation lock on both of your good DPS skills
- Simple rotation can be boring to some
- Short steal distance is annoying to players already familiar with core thief
- This build relies heavily on Staff and swapping weapons, other than shortbow, is only recommended if you also swap many of the traits.
- For a Pistol/Pistol thief, it is recommended to look int Daredevil - P/P Dash.
- For a tagging varaint of this build, see Daredevil - TagDevil
- - a powerful escape button that can sometimes outclass other heals in high-pressure situations.
- - if having issues with burning, poison, bleeding, or confusion.
- - can replace if you don't need the Stunbreak.
- - alternative stun break that provides more damage.
- - alternative stun break that grants mobility and condition cleanse.
- - blinds enemies and blocks projectiles.
- - if crowd control is needed.
- - to escape from enemies or stealth past them.
- - For assisting allies in reaching places.
- - grants significant defiance bar damage
- - more damage on a longer cooldown; ideal for solo or duo bosses / hero points
- - offers significantly higher damage at the cost of most of your sustain
Deadly Arts Variant
Higher DPS in some situations. Replaces trickery.
This variant provides high sustain but lower boon support and damage. Replaces Trickery.
When zerging, use a shortbow with + and change
- ⇒ OR
- needs + and to fully function, but provides much more consistent tagging.
- provides more mobility and doesn't require any additional runes, but has less consistent tagging.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- Berserker's , Assassin's - higher dps, lower defense
- Knight's - lower dps, higher defense; recommended only to use a few trinkets when extra defense is needed, full Knights is not a good option
- , - higher burst, lower DPS
- , - defensive options, generally not reocmmended
- - hybrid defense/offense option
- - Strongest defensive option when zerging
- - higher burst than
- - use if using Might-on-dodge food often
- When zerging, it is highly recommended that you review the Daredevil - TagDevil build.
- This food is used to maximize profit when farming events.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- This food assists with more difficult content, such as bosses or bounties.
- Can't find such food "Scoop of Mint Berry Swirl Ice Cream"! Please refer to our food index., , Can't find such food "Bowl of Meat and Winter Vegetables"! Please refer to our food index. - Defense/Damage
- , - Damage
- - Damage
- This build is pretty easy to deal damage with, just use and autoattack.
- You should spam for AoE burst damage.
- Dodge lots!
- Use off cooldown
- You have lots and lots of dodges with this build. and are also dodges.
- If you're caught without any endurance you can press .
- Block attacks with and use it to break stuns.
- can be used to interrupt dangerous enemy attacks.
- can be used to blind enemies or destroy projectiles.
- You have a massive amount of healing from .
- is a large heal on a short cooldown
- In dire situations, cleanses conditions. If you have lots of trouble with conditions you should run and/or .
- Stealth is one of the most useful tools available to Thieves. Use to channel hero points or sneak through otherwise dangerous places.
- If is not enough, you can blast stealth. To do this, equip a shortbow, place a , then spam in the smoke field.
- (if running a spare pistol offhand)