Daredevil - Chokebow - (WvW)
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This build combines high damage with CC for some of the best down control gameplay available. Useful in stopping revives and general open field damage with moderate results.
Dagger Dagger is useful in GvG and lowman combat, with extra conditions and evades, but can be hard to pull off against a large group where the range of the short bow is preferable.
For smoke field access to both the group on engage and for yourself to add a layer of personal survivability.
- For a modest damage skill
- Especially useful in low mans or GvG for stomps
- For GvG or low man combat
- survivability for a moderate dps loss.
- When changing gear, keep in mind the loss in condition duration. 100% Poison duration should be maintained in Shortbow.
- Use Sinister in place of Dire to add damage.
- Use Trailblazer's Trinkets in place of Venom sigils to free up a space for Draining or Energy
This build relies on bursts of damage layered with others in your group, designed to add fatal CC and boon rip on top of existing bombs. Alongside Necromancer and Revenant boonrips you will see a great deal of burst damage from both your poison and torment as well as significant boonrip of attempts to re apply resistance thanks to your Absorption sigil. Defensive cooldowns are minimal, and the most important part of being effective is to maintain good positioning and avoid incoming damage rather than attempt to recover from hits, playing a role close to but not always inside of the melee train open field.
- Use your venom skills timed with other player's burst to maximize quick stacking of the conditions by you and your team mates, preferably whilst you are also at full initiative.
- Pool initiative for . Cast it multiple times on the same spot to proc the Daze on your own. Added to this, you can weapon swap to procfor the extra initiative to layer another field on top for a fairly significant damage boost.
- Dodge to maintain the lotus training buff. Attempt to use this dodge within range for the projectiles to hit enemies, but do not go so aggressive as to put yourself out of position, as CC is a huge weakness to the build.
- Try to dodge where your proc will hit people when safe. Dropping this in front of enemy pushes or while moving through with the commander is highly effective.
- Try to dodge where your