Daredevil - D/P Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Dagger/Pistol Thief has always been one of the most popular builds in WvW history. This iteration mixes excellent pressure with mobility and stealth.
- Blinding Powder over Bandit's Defense - some prefer Blinding Powder for the AoE stealth, Blind and combo potential, but it's a weaker option in most 1v1s.
- By taking Improvisation you can trade some damage for more utility. Especially useful against Mesmers and other Thieves.
- Havoc Mastery offers higher damage potential but less sustain in longer fights.
- alternative life leech if you can't afford Sigil of Draining.
- if you're having trouble utilizing the 6th bonus of Scholar.
- Unhindered Combatant,
- Channeled Vigor can be used to regain endurance even while out of combat. More endurance means more dodges, and dodging provides excellent mobility in this build.
- Note: never use stealth while Impacting Disruption is active on a target or it will reveal you when the damage goes off.
- Much of the damage on this set comes from ganking targets with autoattacks and Headshot. The final skill of the attack chain - Lotus Strike - also applies Poison which reduces healing received by the target, while the middle skill regenerates a bit of endurance.
- Heartseeker (HS) is seldom used to deal damage. It's mainly just a tool for comboing stealth by performing a Leap finisher in Black Powder (BP), and sometimes adds an extra bit of mobility. Other than that it may be useful for finishing targets below 25% HP who are just out of melee range.
- Note: if you're not in Stealth, hitting a target with the BP + HS combo will deal damage to them and give you stealth after the strike went off. However, if you already had stealth then the damage will reveal you and prevent the next stealth from being applied!
- Shadow Shot will be your main gapcloser on this set. There are a couple of things to note about this one:
- Shadow Shot has 2 parts: first one is an unblockable teleport/blind, while the second part deals damage. If you're in stealth and don't want to lose it, it's possible to cancel the 2nd part of the skill by using stow weapon immediately after the Blind is applied (you should definitely set up a bind for it if you haven't already).
- Because of its unblockable part you can use this skill once on blocking targets to ensure that you stay one step ahead of them as Blind makes it harder for them to counterpressure you after the block is over.
- Headshot, thanks to Impacting Disruption isn't just an interrupt, but also a significant source of damage. Other than that it can be combined with Black Powder for an interrupting + blinding attack, effectively shutting down the skill they are currently using, and the next one as well.
- Black Powder will be your primary source of stealth - combo it with Heartseeker for self stealthing, shortbow's Cluster Bomb for AoE stealth, or Blinding Powder for almost instant AoE stealth. Another use includes dropping it on downed enemies in order to blind their interrupt skills - making stomping easier - or comboing it with Steal for a near-instant long range Blind.
- Steal is the most powerful tool in a thief's kit and should not be wasted! Do not start fights with steal, keep it for the right moment.
- Steal refills endurance, grants initiative, inflicts Poison, does damage, heals for ~2k, and provides a variety of boons for you and your team. Its most important function however is the instant boonstrip that prioritizes Stability, which goes off before the Daze does, resulting in an instant interrupt.
- Signet of Agility is your best souce of cleansing, as it instantly removes 3 conditions. In addition to that, this also gives an entire dodge roll's worth of endurance which can be used as a last resort option for squeezing out more dudges when you're out of endurance and don't have time to heal. Keep in mind that the active portion of this skill is AoE! Try to use it near allies whenever possible.
- Shadowstep is easily the most versatile and one of the strongest skills in the build. It has 2 parts:
- The first half is a stun break and teleport, which already has countless applications. A few applications include teleport to safety while pressured, extending your reach in combat, or using the instant mobility boost to decap enemy points before using the 2nd part of the skill to leave just as fast.
- The second half is called Shadow Return. This skill becomes available for 10 seconds after using Shadowstep, and cures 3 conditions in addition to breaking stun again before returning you to your starting location.
- These can also be combined to safe stomp targets: begin stomping, Shadowstep away to safety, and then follow up with Shadow Return at the end of the animation in order to finish the target.
- Blinding Powder is fairly simple. This is your second stun breaker, and another source of stealth. As a Blast finisher you can combo it with Black Powder for AoE stealth. Just like Signet of Agility, this is a skill you can use to your allies' benefit by sharing its effect with them.