Daredevil - P/D Condi Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Condi Daredevil with +Healing Power and does not use the Trickery specialty that everyone seems to think is necessary for any build.
Replaces Bow - This has much more reliable weakness application with an arguable loss of utility and damage.
Replaces Bow - While you can permastealth with , you can also maintain permanent stealth with Dagger/Pistol using the + combo. In order to do this, you will need to equip to regenerate enough initiative to maintain it permanently. Dagger main hand has the strongest autoattack for our build due to . Do not fall for D/D condi, however. is less damage and more initiative than + .
- can be taken in larger groups to secure rezzes. You can also stack a lot of stealth by using to preload free stacks. Remember, the maximum stacks is 6.
- Nice interrupt and range management. Follow up with or in many situations. What I usually run in zerg for yeeting scrubs off walls. Follow up with for a guaranteed kill.
- lots of tricks you can pull with this.
- I would only replace . We want to capitalize on Deception Cooldowns.
- is Really good. You lose healing and initiative regeneration, which makes the stats from Plaguedoctor's and Superior Rune of the Aristocracy(1): +25 Condition Damage (2): +10% Might Duration (3): +50 Condition Damage (4): +15% Might Duration (5): +100 Condition Damage (6): +20% Might Duration; When you use a healing skill, gain 3 stacks of might for 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 10s)
- is often the better choice over in sPvP because we have high power, but is a viable choice in WvW too, because we still have a base power of 1000. If the enemy gets the drop on you, this can sometimes decide whether they burn you down before you can react, or you survive the initial burst and manage to turn it around.
- is a good choice if you find yourself using into frequently. Less useful in sPvP because of the changes to how functions. More about that combo later.
- synergizes with to stack more poison, but provides AOE Weakness, which we use to stack Might. Both of these traits will cancel stealth if they connect with anything that can take damage.
- breaks a lot of CC, and will not bring you out of stealth.
Plaguedoctor can be kind of a pain to get for every slot, I currently run the build with 4 Celestial accessories, and it performs just fine.In sPvP there is no Plaguedoctor's stats, so use Sage's instead. Because we are losing concentration, use
- Don't immediately dive you opponent. Feel him out with your auto attack and the occasional . You wan them to burn a few cooldowns.
- If the enemy dives you, you have 3 options.
to get out of melee range then dodge through the player Stunbreak.
- Be liberal with your dodges, not only do they give you swiftness and break movement impair, but they also apply Weakness, which gives you 5 stacks of Might
- Remember, every time you stealth, you get at least 1 stack of . You can only have 6 stacks, so wait til after you break steath before you activate .
- is instant cast, and does not interrupt other skills, such as or .
- is a HUGE poison, and it stealths you. This is what I normally use when I think the target's burned through some cooldowns, but it is also a good disengage skill as well, because as far as the enemy knows, you're still at range.
- Try to drop when you have available.
- into . While that's going off, apply . Follow up with , , . You can get 3 off per .
- If you're fighting a Weaver roamer, or other bunker comp with lots of condi cleanse, pad your poisons with . applies vuln, and you have weakness as well, so you can usually get through your combo without them cleansing. I usually drop it either right before or after , which ultimately sacrifices a round, due to initiative usage. When you're beating weavers, you've mastered the build.
- If you want to stay at range, replace with , then into
When you get jumped while roaming
- If it's 2 people, switch to pistols and Your will focus them, and they should get 12 stacks of poison almost instantly. Switch targets and until revealed is done, then >>, . Or, if the second target goes to revive, switch to bow, > and they will be constantly dazed. (Daze is not constant in sPvP)
- If it's 3 or more, and you think you can take them, I recommend using bow, and try to into for Might stacks from your Superior Rune of the Aristocracy(1): +25 Condition Damage (2): +10% Might Duration (3): +50 Condition Damage (4): +15% Might Duration (5): +100 Condition Damage (6): +20% Might Duration; When you use a healing skill, gain 3 stacks of might for 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 10s)