Daredevil - P/P Dash
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Daredevil build for running around in open world. This build combines strong ranged damage with insane mobility that allows it to easily avoid danger.
- You can carry a Shortbow for tagging mobs in open world farming.
- - blinds enemies and destroys projectiles.
- - if struggling with defiance bars.
- - short cooldown stun break and block.
- - stun break that cleanses conditions.
- - stun break that grants offensive boons.
- - to escape from enemies or stealth past them.
- - more damage.
- - strong crowd control if there are allies nearby.
- - if you need healing. If you take this take to keep up fury.
- Equip your main hand pistol in weapon set 1 and offhand pistol in weapon set 2. This allows you to weapon swap without needing 4 pistols.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- This build uses the same gear as the Deadeye - Power DPS P/P build for fractals and raids, and similar gear to Deadeye - Power DPS D/D. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set
Optimal Damage Variant
- The Optimal Damage Variant is the best damage gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases and is only recommended for players that prefer the glass cannon playstyle.
- is viable in place of Impact.
- For a tankier option you can run the Marauder Variant. You will lose some damage but gain a moderate boost to health. This variant is recommended for most Open World players.
- Sigils - , ,
- Offensive Runes - , ,
- Defensive Runes - ,
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- ,,- general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- You should have the "Autotarget" option active. This is because many times you will be fighting enemies that do not have enough health remaining to survive all 8 shots of Unload. Autotarget will automatically switch to a nearby enemy when your initial target dies so if there are two enemies sufficiently close to each other, you will still receive the Initiative refund from hitting all 8 shots. Line up your targets appropriately when you have an enemy that is too weak to take all 8 shots.
- You should have a key bound to "Disable Autotarget". There are times when you will want to cast an ability without actually hitting anything. Primarily to trigger and for stealth blasting out-of-combat.
- When you use skills or traits to restore Initiative, try to keep at least one Initiative counter emptied so that you don't waste passive Initiative regeneration.
- Mash and pew pew things to death.
- Try to hit with all 8 shots so you get the initative refund.
- Weapon swap, , or use to regain initiative.
- If you're out of initiative, just fill with autoattacks while waiting for your initiative to recharge.
- In the open world, mobility usually means getting out of combat as fast as possible to remount, or to kill the enemies that are in combat with you in order to exit combat to remount. Whereas in story instances, just having high on-foot mobility is a huge advantage.
- Simply by using Dashes, will ensure that you will overcap 100% Swiftness uptime for permanent 33% on-foot movement speed.
- You are able to displace yourself more than 3150 units over 6 seconds with full evade frames and be immune to soft control conditions by Dashing 3 times, using , Dashing 2 more times, then using , and Dashing 2 more times. Spam this combination between combat during story instances to cover distance more quickly.
- As long as you are using instead of the other two traits, you can use as a 1200 range teleport to any enemy or neutral unit without being put into combat.
- You can swap out for for additional mobility. Alternatively, you can take Shortbow for to convert Initiative into mobility as well.
- can be used as a repositioning tool, stunbreak, and initiative recovery skill all rolled into one.
- Use your range to your advantage by kiting enemies and staying out of danger.
- If cornered by lots of enemies, use or to pulse blindness.
- is a zero-cooldown daze that can be used to interrupt dangerous attacks.
- evades for a very long duration while still dealing damage.
- destroys projectiles. You can also use for more projectile defense.
- can be used as an escape.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- You receive a small amount of sustained healing from . If this isn't enough, you can also trait .
- In a pinch, cleanses conditions. If you have lots of trouble with conditions you can run .
- Stealth is one of the most useful tools available to Thieves. Use to channel hero points or sneak through otherwise dangerous places.
- If is not enough, you can blast stealth. To do this, equip a shortbow, place a , then spam in the smoke field.