Daredevil - S/D Condition
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Daredevil Sword/Dagger build for PvP which utilizes condition damage, soft-CC spam, and boon stealing to gank targets who lack access to mass condition cleansing.
Archive note: fell out of use completely after repeated nerfs to core skill/traits, and the removal of Sigil of Fallibility
If you don't need the sustain of Signet of Agility then it can be replaced by:
- - adds Vulnerability to the build and more Torment.
- - synergy with several traits and adds a new condition to the build: Slow.
- Share your venom(s) with as many allies as possible, including pets and minions.
- Use to initiate fights. Preferably it should be activated from a safe spot like behind a pillar where you can retreat with.
- Use to move between capture points.
- is a very situational skill and won't see much use in combat. Some applications of C&D include stomping downed targets in stealth or interrupting very important skills with.
- Most of the build's damage comes from the simple (IS) + dodge combo. IS will immobilize the target while applying 2 stacks of Poison thanks to the traitsand, meanwhile the dodge will trigger+under the target. This is great for initiating fights and poking at dangerous targets.
- Note: there's a small delay between the teleport and the Immobilize application on . If you dodge too soon you may miss the second part of the skill so pay attention to your timing.
- Note: there's a small delay between the teleport and the Immobilize application on
- Against targets with several/important boons try to land the +combo in order to steal them. Usinginbetween to port out and then jump back with+ Larcenous Strike can make it a bit less predictable while stealing up to 5 boons.
- Spam and dodges atop downed enemies to deny any rez attempts.
Extended burst combo
This chain blows a lot of cooldowns and should only be used on targets that already used most of their defensive skills. Wasting all of this on a Contemplation of Purity for example would be a huge misplay.
- in the middle of the dodge
- You have 3 options for ending the chain
- Another dodge for even more condition pressure
- Sword #3 chain for unblockable damage and boon stealing in case the target has Resistance
- Swap to Short bow to daze the target with
Condition cleansing with weapon skills
- will provide constant cleansing during combat. Aside from dodging there are 2 ways to trigger this trait:
- on Sword/Dagger.
- on Short bow
- There's a 3rd skill not related to traits, which is . Note that this is slightly more expensive than the other methods because it's a chain skill with a grand total of 5 initiative cost for the sequence while the other two only cost 4 under the right circumstances. This however is the only one that can cleanse conditions out of combat.
- On S/D spamming Flanking Strike will be the slightly cheaper method, but only if you don't activate its chain skill (to do that make sure you don't have anyone targeted while casting the skill). However cutting out the chain skill should only be used to disengage from heavy pressure, as otherwise is a quite powerful skill and well worth its cost.
- Heavy CC
- A good Bunker Firebrand can almost completely negate the impact you'd have in fights