Daredevil - S/D Condition
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Daredevil Sword/Dagger build for PvP which utilizes condition damage, soft-CC spam, and boon stealing to gank targets who lack access to mass condition cleansing.
Archive note: fell out of use completely after repeated nerfs to core skill/traits, and the removal of Sigil of Fallibility
If you don't need the sustain of Signet of Agility then it can be replaced by:
- Skale Venom - adds Vulnerability to the build and more Torment.
- Impairing Daggers - synergy with several traits and adds a new condition to the build: Slow.
- Share your venom(s) with as many allies as possible, including pets and minions.
- Use Infiltrator's Strike to initiate fights. Preferably it should be activated from a safe spot like behind a pillar where you can retreat with Infiltrator's Return.
- Use Infiltrator's Arrow to move between capture points.
- Cloak and Dagger is a very situational skill and won't see much use in combat. Some applications of C&D include stomping downed targets in stealth or interrupting very important skills with Tactical Strike.
- Most of the build's damage comes from the simple Infiltrator's Strike (IS) + dodge combo. IS will immobilize the target while applying 2 stacks of Poison thanks to the traits Panic Strike and Potent Poison, meanwhile the dodge will trigger Lotus Training + Uncatchable under the target. This is great for initiating fights and poking at dangerous targets.
- Against targets with several/important boons try to land the Flanking Strike + Larcenous Strike combo in order to steal them. Using Infiltrator's Return inbetween to port out and then jump back with Steal + Larcenous Strike can make it a bit less predictable while stealing up to 5 boons.
- Spam Choking Gas and dodges atop downed enemies to deny any rez attempts.
Extended burst combo
This chain blows a lot of cooldowns and should only be used on targets that already used most of their defensive skills. Wasting all of this on a Contemplation of Purity for example would be a huge misplay.
- Basilisk Venom
- Spider Venom
- Infiltrator's Strike
- Steal in the middle of the dodge
- You have 3 options for ending the chain
Condition cleansing with weapon skills
- Can't find such trait "Escapist's Absolution"! Please refer to our trait index will provide constant cleansing during combat. Aside from dodging there are 2 ways to trigger this trait:
- There's a 3rd skill not related to traits, which is Infiltrator's Return. Note that this is slightly more expensive than the other methods because it's a chain skill with a grand total of 5 initiative cost for the sequence while the other two only cost 4 under the right circumstances. This however is the only one that can cleanse conditions out of combat.
- On S/D spamming Flanking Strike will be the slightly cheaper method, but only if you don't activate its chain skill (to do that make sure you don't have anyone targeted while casting the skill). However cutting out the chain skill should only be used to disengage from heavy pressure, as otherwise Larcenous Strike is a quite powerful skill and well worth its cost.
- Heavy CC
- A good Bunker Firebrand can almost completely negate the impact you'd have in fights