Deadeye - Dagger/x Stealth Attacker
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Deadeye build for running around in open world. This build is highly mobile, has lots of access to stealth, and deals high damage against single targets.
- You can carry a Shortbow for mobility or open world farming.
- Healing Skills
- Signet of Malice - if you take very little incoming damage.
- Malicious Restoration - if having trouble with conditions.
- Utility Skills
- Shadow Flare - alternative damage option.
- Smoke Screen - blinds enemies and destroys projectiles.
- Shadowstep - alternative stun break, a mobility skill that also cleanses conditions.
- Roll for Initiative - another good stun break.
- Haste - additional stun break that grants offensive boons.
- Tripwire/ Binding Shadow/ Shadow Gust - if struggling with defiance bars.
- Shadow Refuge - if you need a long duration of stealth (e.g. for channeling hero points).
- Elite Skills
- Dagger Storm - grants stability and reflects projectiles.
- Basilisk Venom - strong crowd control if there are allies nearby.
- Invigorating Precision - if you need healing.
- 24px Malicious Intent and 24px Maleficent Seven - on long fights against single targets.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Deadeye - Power DPS D/D build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- For a tankier option you can run this mix of Marauder and Valkyrie stats. You lose about 13% damage but your health is increased by over 60%.
- Before you attack, always use 24px Deadeye's Mark on your target.
- Your main damaging skill is 24px Malicious Backstab. Use Cloak and Dagger, Shadow Meld, Hide in Shadows, and your stolen skills to get as many backstabs as possible.
- Remember to actually backstab your target. Frontstabbing deals miserable DPS.
- Activate Assassin's Signet just before you backstab for high burst damage.
- If you're on pistol you can also Black Powder into Heartseeker to gain stealth.
- When you're out of initiative, just fill with autoattacks until you can Cloak and Dagger again.
- Your main source of damage mitigation is Black Powder, which pulses blindness. For more blinds you can use Blinding Powder or Smoke Screen.
- Headshot is a zero-cooldown daze that can be used to interrupt dangerous attacks.
- Death Blossom can be used as an evade.
- You can use any of your stealth skills to break enemy aggro and run away.
- Smoke Screen destroys projectiles. You can also use Dagger Storm for more projectile defense.
- If you feel that you're dying a lot, you can trait Invigorating Precision. This reduces your damage but gives you tons of healing.
- Hide in Shadows cleanses conditions. In a pinch, you can activate Signet of Agility.
- If you have lots of trouble with conditions, consider running Shadowstep or Malicious Restoration.
- Stealth is one of the most useful tools available to Thieves, and especially Deadeyes. Chain your stealth skills to sneak past enemies or run away from fights.
- For longer durations of stealth, like for channeling hero points, you can equip Shadow Refuge.
- If Shadow Refuge is not enough, you can blast stealth. To do this, equip a shortbow, place a Smoke Screen, then spam Cluster Bomb in the smoke field.