Deadeye - Dagger/x Stealth Attacker
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Deadeye build for running around in open world. This build is highly mobile, has lots of access to stealth, and deals high damage against single targets.
- You can carry a Shortbow for mobility or open world farming.
- Healing Skills
- - if you take very little incoming damage.
- - if having trouble with conditions.
- Utility Skills
- - alternative damage option.
- - blinds enemies and destroys projectiles.
- - alternative stun break, a mobility skill that also cleanses conditions.
- - another good stun break.
- - additional stun break that grants offensive boons.
- //- if struggling with defiance bars.
- - if you need a long duration of stealth (e.g. for channeling hero points).
- Elite Skills
- - grants stability and reflects projectiles.
- - strong crowd control if there are allies nearby.
- - if you need healing.
- and- on long fights against single targets.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Deadeye - Power DPS D/D build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- For a tankier option you can run this mix of Marauder and Valkyrie stats. You lose about 13% damage but your health is increased by over 60%.
- Before you attack, always use on your target.
- Your main damaging skill is . Use,,, and your stolen skills to get as many backstabs as possible.
- Remember to actually backstab your target. Frontstabbing deals miserable DPS.
- Activate just before you backstab for high burst damage.
- If you're on pistol you can also intoto gain stealth.
- When you're out of initiative, just fill with autoattacks until you can again.
- Your main source of damage mitigation is , which pulses blindness. For more blinds you can useor.
- is a zero-cooldown daze that can be used to interrupt dangerous attacks.
- can be used as an evade.
- You can use any of your stealth skills to break enemy aggro and run away.
- destroys projectiles. You can also usefor more projectile defense.
- If you feel that you're dying a lot, you can trait . This reduces your damage but gives you tons of healing.
- cleanses conditions. In a pinch, you can activate.
- If you have lots of trouble with conditions, consider running or.
- Stealth is one of the most useful tools available to Thieves, and especially Deadeyes. Chain your stealth skills to sneak past enemies or run away from fights.
- For longer durations of stealth, like for channeling hero points, you can equip .
- If is not enough, you can blast stealth. To do this, equip a shortbow, place a, then spamin the smoke field.