Deadeye - Deadeye Support
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Support Thief is unique in that by itself, not only can it absolutely tear apart any and all boons the enemy might have due to the abuse of , it can also give up to 10 members of your zerg 25 might, fury, swiftness, and vigor as long as you're in combat. It also boosts respectable healing power via Shadow Savior and has insane survivability.
- Basilisk Venom can be taken depending on your needs. It offers a stun (which is another interrupt) to not only you, but to 4 of your other teammates as well, and makes the attack itself unblockable. However, you get rid of a lot of survivability by getting rid of Shadow Meld.
- This is a good switch for Shadow Refuge if you value the versatility and unconditional stealth of this over the healing and zerg setup utility of Shadow Refuge. This also triggers your blind siphon twice, although due to how blind works unless the two instances hit different targets you still only blind the same people for one instance of it.
- This can replace either Shadow Refuge or Shadowstep, if you want to pack some extra support in exchange for mobility/utility. The passive precision isnt really that important, but the active condition cleanse is incredibly powerful (and affects nearby allies) and also refills your endurance.
- Merciful Ambush can be taken over Hidden Thief, but you're giving up on-demand stealth for more situational support, and with the WvW nerf to the trait (only 1% healing) its not entirely worth it. It does help Shadow Refuge, but Shadow Refuge already heals and the cooldown from Hidden Thief makes it more spammable.
Deadly Arts over Shadow Arts - Deadly Arts is swappable for Shadow Arts for a more offensive build based around a psuedo-boon corruption playstyle where you pretty much replace their boons with a ton of conditions. However, you give up a lot of survivability and utility traits by switching over.
- This is a build meant for group play, definitely not the strongest for 1v1s (although your opponent will rarely have any boons :) ). Deadeye is important for multiple reasons, but one of the best perks is your steal is ranged. That means you can spam steal from a distance. While it is tempting to go after their backline, in big team fights it is often best to go for a safe bet and hit downed/stunned opponents with your steal. This is because you arent primarily doing it to steal 5 buffs (traits+absorption), you're doing it to buff your team above and beyond to ludicrous damage.
- You should always be one of the first people into the fight, due to having 2 shadowsteps, lots of condition removal, 2 stun breaks, and a lot of survivability. Superior Rune of Leadership gives you an on-demand condition conversion whenever you use Shadow Meld (Cd 45 seconds), so dont spam it immediately once you get into a fight.
- This is a very hit and run style of gameplay, as soon as people realize you are the one eating their boons with Choking Gas and stealing, they will likely try to hard focus you. Dip out via shadowstep (either sword or skill) or stealth, recuperate and go right back in. Be as annoying as possible.
- has no cooldown and can hit multiple people at once. This means your can steal up to 15 boons per cast (almost never going to happen but possible), and spamming on an over-eager enemy can eat up to 12 of their boons before needing to regen initiative. This also means because we traited our steal to , our steal now steals 5 boons from an enemy, and with , can be spammed twice. Remember to hit with your stolen skill before you re-steal! Until this is patched this makes thief the best boon-stripper in the game.
- can be spammed over and over with no target to spot heal allies for a ton of HP thanks to Shadow Savior. Keep in mind this will use a lot of your initiative, so this is more of a gimmick than anything. Passively, you will be healing a TON without even trying due to how many shadowsteps you have, so its usually best to focus on boon-stripping. If you personally need hp, will not only put a blind on everyone around you, it will siphon loads of HP.
- Short bow is used at your best discretion, but it truly shines in giant fights and siege defense. Being able to just shoot into a crowd twice and strip/steal dozens of boons is absolutely invaluable.
- Keep in mind you need to interrupt to steal boons outside of your base 2-boon steal, so boinking someone who is obviously casting something (No meteors today!) will absolutely ruin someones day. Also, people in WvW tend to hit all the buttons as fast as they can, so this is not exactly difficult to do one way or another. The only problem is stealing boons from someone running away, in this case a will shadowstep to them and immobilize them, and then a will stun then (stealing boons if it interrupts) so your team can catch up to them.
- + will give aoe stealth to allies in the field.
- You personally do not do insane amounts of damage, so this is a weak build for solo play.
- Coming Soon