Deadeye - Ghillie Snipe (WvW)
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A high spike damage Deadeye draft for WvW can be used to get into bases for flipping and scouting. Using shadow arts for maintaining permanent stealth, maintaining health while taking advantage of Maleficent Seven to boost the damage lost from taking the SA traitline. Biding your time! You can take any other weapon set as a secondary as you choose!
- - long lasting stealth preperation, great for groups. ☠Dont get pulled out☠
- - a powerful CC tool to free up damage windows - use when marked. ☠Will pull out of stealth right before the knockdown!☠
- - Low cooldown, long lasting, easy to get your stealth back with it with leap finishers and amazing projectile prevention.
- - Similar to however has an AoE knockback and does damage if enemies are too close, which reveals you, great cc if you get cornered or surrounded. Should be able to knock people off points/cliffs. Do not use if an enemy is close by while already in stealth as it reveals you.
- - Quick on demand stealth / AoE blind / Stunbreak and combo blast, Solid Choice
- - Stunbreak & condition removal, Terrain travel. Long cooldown
- - Stunbreak, Movement Impediment Removal, Initiative gain. Low Cooldown, solid choice.
- - for when you have the upperhand on running away, when someone triggers it chasing you, just simply time it right and port backwards and give them the slip opposite where they run to...☠VERY RISKY AS IT DOESN'T ALWAYS WORK WITH TERRAIN!☠
- - For baiting out bursts on unsuspecting targets / instead of popping out of stealth yourself, let them trigger the trap and theyll waste some burst. Good notifier of someone triggering the trap as it will force thief to spawn on you instead of target. :(
Instead of Deadly Arts
The above for faster malice generation via mark
- ☠ For deadeye, in a group setting, take Payback+Fire for Effect
- Instead of For less sustain and more burst
Deadly Arts line is mostly for heal cover/dagger boost change. User Descretion
- Taking Considerations.
- Taking Considerations.
Usage for Roaming/Scouting WvW
- ☠ Maintain stealth with Dodge Rolling, Using and using SR/other stealth utilities and Marking targets. Don't forget that Snipers Cover can give you a free smoke field to use , just make sure you have no target when already stealthed as autoattack will trigger. If taking , use either or spamming (note that you must not hit an enemy with EITHER skill or you will be forcibly revealed!)
- ☠ Maintain your stealth until ready to strike, tab through your enemies and pick a low target to kill. Maintain your mark, get in some sneaky popshots to build up malice and then Skill|Death's Judgement until ☠Dead☠. Don't get too antsy. Rebuild malice or finish very low targets with Skill|Death's Judgement>>Skill|Death's Judgement.
- ☠ Avoid stealth reveal areas
- ☠ As soon as you spike the target, whether they go downed or not, quickly use to recharge your chain.
- ☠ As with most Deadeye builds make use of high stacks of Malice, you have 7 stacks of malice and when you get this high (+21% dmg), its time to act or engage another target, but be aware as soon as you act you have to have an escape plan , So always at least have 1 ammo left.
- ☠ Find opportune times to sneak into bases while others are capping to flip the base when they leave!
- ☠ Find opportune times to decap areas while staying in stealth, be sure to come out of stealth to be able to cap!
- ☠ Engineer:
- ☠When near Engineer that are traited with there are 2 ways they reveal you. If they hit YOU while THEY are invisible, you get revealed from Invisible Analysis(DONT GET HIT WHILE THEY ARE INVIS) and when YOU get a stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear on YOU, you get Controlled Analysis which reveals you.(DONT GET STUNNED) With Holosmiths, they usually utilize with as the skill with proc the trait. Avoid the shockwave and you will have no issue.
- Be aware of Stealth Gyros' - you can blind em, dodge em, and be invulnerable to avoid it or outright kill them.
- ☠ Warrior:
- ☠Keep your distance due to and always avoid their burst skills. Doing so will prevent the possible which both pulse reveal that you cannot remove as itll just re-apply.
- ☠ Again avoid their bursts, it not only keeps you alive but prevents their sustain from .
- ☠ When they block, dont hit em... Combined with will give them more sustain...that and reflects projectiles, but can not deflect Death's Judgement.
- ☠ will go through walls and ignore Line of Sight ONLY IF YOU PRECAST IT before they turn the corner. If facing a glassy opponent you can, sometimes, use this combo without having to generate much malice at all. The spike utilizes the enemies with twitchy fingers that are ready to hit that stunbreak, which wont matter because all you need is literally enough time to cast Death's Judgment. The spike goes like this →OR →→→IMMEDIATELY cast Death's Judgment. If done correctly they should break the knockdown but still be distracted with that stunbreak and STILL have to take the bullet. Use this to your advantage.
- ☠ Thief:
- ☠ Take note of the type of thief you are dealing with, if it's a daredevil, the usual go to is the which in this case, land cripple on them before they dodge as it usually slows their endurance generation. Avoid that staff reflect / leap.
- ☠ Whichever Thief you Mark, you usually get an Auto-targeted Blind as a stolen skill, If taking you would get 2 chances. The idea is if dealing with a typical backstabber is to use these blinding skills, even if the thief is in stealth, to blind them which would remove that backstab window entirely. Use it to your advantage. Keep in mind at 5 or more malice, stolen skills give stealth, but only if you arent already in stealth. Think of it as chaining stealth via .