Deadeye - P/D Hybrid Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A deadeye hybrid burst build for WvW, designed to quickly overwhelm targets with a wide variety of conditions and damage types. If played correctly and the correct matchups occur you can take on multiple enemies at once. ~This page is still being edited
can be swapped out for a different Cantrip depending on playstyle and personal preference:
- - Provides additional initiative, acts as a stun break, grants a random Stolen Skill, and permits recasting on demand. Useful for additional flexibility against professions with more CC skills.
- Provides Stealth, AoE knockback, and grants a random Stolen Skill. Useful against downed targets.
- Using successfully on a target will give you Initiative, Stealth, a profession specific Stolen Skill, Vigor, Might, Fury, Swiftness, Quickness and Spider Venom from .
- Subsequently, use ⇒ , and/or on the Marked target to generate Malice efficiently.
- Using a Stolen Skill at 5 Malice will grant Stealth and give access to , which is your most significant single attack at up to 5 stacks of Bleed and Torment.
- Using or will grant a single random Stolen Skill, providing additional opportunities to enter Stealth, gain boons, and apply additional conditions.
- You can also use or to gain Stealth in addition to off-cooldown.
- should be used defensively to block incoming projectiles and as a smoke Combo field with to apply Blind and with to gain Stealth.
Situational Gameplay Tips
- can be useful for rooting targets in place, especially when you have a partner who will provide damage while the target is immobile. However, the projectile is slow and prone to miss so this is not as useful as other weapon skills.
- is helpful for repositioning against a melee opponent and remains at 3 Initiative a low-cost skill for building Malice.
- is highly useful against opponents that have a pet, summon, or clone. The dagger will bounce off the pet and hit the nearby target up to 2 times per dagger thrown. This skill is more effective at medium-close range because the projectile is slow and tends to miss much more often at medium-high range. This works especially well versus enemies in Stealth because the bouncing dagger tracks them even though they aren't visible.
- is useful in crowded fights and against downed enemies to gain Stealth for either defensive or offensive purposes. This can also be used to help secure stomps.
Utility weapon, secondary set
- is a great filler skill since the recent patches that allow targets to bleed from this skill if they are poisoned so its great for bleed spreading at a high rate of fire when many are clustered around each other if you happen to be stuck in bow slot at the moment.
- being a spammable blast finisher has high value for your team when it comes to blasting fields for AoE Stealth.
- Its chain skill is a solid source of downed cleave.
- provides access to some evasion in case you're being focused by the enemy team and your defensive skills are on CD. Remains usable even while Immobilized, but it's somewhat expensive.
- Use on downed enemies especially if they are being revived - Poison decreases healing received by 33% which affects resurrecting speed and the initial strike interrupts foes.
- is the #1 skill for moving around the map in general, cuts down on travel time between capture points drastically. Be careful for initiative use as the cost has increased in recent patches