Deadeye - P/P Unload
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Deadeye build for running around in open world. This build excels at quickly bursting down enemies from range with Unload.
- You can carry a Shortbow for tagging mobs in open world farming.
- Withdraw - shorter cooldown heal with an evade.
- Malicious Restoration - if having trouble with conditions.
- Shadow Flare - alternative damage option.
- Smoke Screen - blinds enemies and destroys projectiles.
- Tripwire/ Binding Shadow/ Shadow Gust - if struggling with defiance bars.
- Shadowstep - alternative stun break that cleanses conditions.
- Haste - alternative stun break that grants offensive boons.
- Shadow Refuge - to escape from enemies or stealth past them.
- No Quarter - if you need a bit more damage/fury.
- 24px Collateral Damage - if you need more cleave.
- 24px Maleficent Seven - on long fights against single targets.
- Equip your main hand pistol in weapon set 1 and an offhand pistol in weapon set 2. This allows you to weapon swap without needing 4 pistols.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- This build uses the same gear as the Deadeye - Power DPS P/P build for fractals and raids, and similar gear to Deadeye - Power DPS D/D. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- provides high sustain at the cost of damage.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- You should have the "Autotarget" option active. This is because many times you will be fighting enemies that do not have enough health remaining to survive all 8 shots of Unload. Autotarget will automatically switch to a nearby enemy when your initial target dies so if there are two enemies sufficiently close to each other, you will still receive the Initiative refund from hitting all 8 shots. Line up your targets appropriately when you have an enemy that is too weak to take all 8 shots.
- You should have a key bound to "Disable Autotarget". There are times when you will want to cast an ability without actually hitting anything. Primarily Steal to trigger Thrill of the Crime and Black Powder for stealth blasting out-of-combat.
- When you use skills or traits to restore Initiative, try to keep at least one Initiative counter emptied so that you don't waste passive Initiative regeneration.
- Mash Unload and pew pew things to death.
- Try to hit with all 8 shots so you get the initiative refund.
- Weapon swap or use Roll for Initiative to regain initiative.
- When you're out of initiative, use 24px Malicious Sneak Attack if you can gain stealth with a stolen skill or one of your utility skills. Otherwise, just fill with autoattacks while waiting for your initiative to recharge.
- Use 24px Deadeye's Mark as often as possible for boons and a damage multiplier.
- Use your range to your advantage by kiting enemies and staying out of danger.
- If cornered by lots of enemies, use Black Powder or Smoke Screen to pulse blindness.
- Headshot is a zero-cooldown daze that can be used to interrupt dangerous attacks.
- Smoke Screen destroys projectiles. You can also use Dagger Storm for more projectile defense.
- Roll for Initiative can be used as an escape.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- If you feel that you're taking a lot of damage, you can trait Invigorating Precision.
- Hide in Shadows and Roll for Initiative cleanse conditions. In a pinch, you can activate Signet of Agility.
- If you have lots of trouble with conditions you can run Shadowstep, Withdraw, or Malicious Restoration.
- Stealth is one of the most useful tools available to Thieves. Use Shadow Refuge to channel hero points or sneak through otherwise dangerous places.
- If Shadow Refuge is not enough, you can blast stealth. To do this, equip a shortbow, place a Smoke Screen, then spam Cluster Bomb in the smoke field.