Deadeye - P/P Unload
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
archived 3/21/21, see Deadeye - Power Deadeye
A decent roaming build. This build is ultimately inferior to its Daredevil counterpart but possesses a smooth playstyle with strong self-buffing.
- You can carry a Shortbow for tagging mobs in open world farming.
- - shorter cooldown heal with an evade.
- - if having trouble with conditions.
- - alternative damage option.
- - blinds enemies and destroys projectiles.
- // - if struggling with defiance bars.
- - alternative stun break that cleanses conditions.
- - alternative stun break that grants offensive boons.
- - to escape from enemies or stealth past them.
- - a 4 second evade.
- - strong crowd control if there are allies nearby.
- - if you need a bit more damage/fury.
- - if you need more cleave.
- - on long fights against single targets.
- - Can be run in place of Deadly Aim
- Equip your main hand pistol in weapon set 1 and offhand pistol in weapon set 2. This allows you to weapon swap without needing 4 pistols.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- Standard - +
- Cheap - +
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- or for more damage.
- for playing with groups.
- is a good budget option.
- for more dodges.
- is a fantastic food for farming open world. It's cheap, provides a moderate boost to both damage and survivability, and increases magic find significantly.
- for more healing.
- is a great option when you do not need any extra damage or sustain.
- or is your best damage option.
- is a great budget option.
- You should have the "Autotarget" option active. This is because many times you will be fighting enemies that do not have enough health remaining to survive all 8 shots of Unload. Autotarget will automatically switch to a nearby enemy when your initial target dies so if there are two enemies sufficiently close to each other, you will still receive the Initiative refund from hitting all 8 shots. Line up your targets appropriately when you have an enemy that is too weak to take all 8 shots.
- You should have a key bound to "Disable Autotarget". There are times when you will want to cast an ability without actually hitting anything. Primarily for stealth blasting out-of-combat.
- When you use skills or traits to restore Initiative, try to keep at least one Initiative counter emptied so that you don't waste passive Initiative regeneration.
- Mash and pew pew things to death.
- Try to hit with all 8 shots so you get the initiative refund.
- Weapon swap or use to regain initiative.
- When you're out of initiative, use if you can gain stealth with a stolen skill or one of your utility skills. Otherwise, just fill with autoattacks while waiting for your initiative to recharge.
- Use as often as possible for boons and a damage multiplier.
- Prioritize targets that will die quickly so you can reset more often.
- Use your range to your advantage by kiting enemies and staying out of danger.
- If cornered by lots of enemies, use or to pulse blindness.
- is a zero-cooldown daze that can be used to interrupt dangerous attacks.
- destroys projectiles. You can also use for more projectile defense.
- can be used as an escape.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- If you feel that you're taking a lot of damage, you can trait .
- and cleanse conditions. In a pinch, you can activate .
- If you have lots of trouble with conditions you can run , , or .
- Stealth is one of the most useful tools available to Thieves. Use to channel hero points or sneak through otherwise dangerous places.
- If is not enough, you can blast stealth. To do this, equip a shortbow, place a , then spam in the smoke field.