Deadeye - Power DPS D/D (Fractal)
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A power DPS build for Deadeye in fractals and raids. This build hits extremely hard with dealing some of the highest damage against single targets in the game. It also provides great utility with Stealth, shadowstep skips, and .
- Deadeye's weakness is that it lacks cleave damage and is heavily reliant on allies providing boons and conditions for and respectively. This means it is mainly effective on single-target-focused fractals such as Nightmare and Shattered Observatory, and should be surrounded by other DPS classes that can cover its shortcomings.
- This guide is focused on fractals. For the raid version see Deadeye - Power DPS D/D.
- You should have a Shortbow for stacking stealth, pulling enemies, and skipping ahead with .
- Use Sword/Pistol instead of dagger/dagger when fighting groups of trash mobs.
- or if conditions are a problem.
- or is the highest damage option for the flex slot.
- if you don't have a ranger providing .
- for a pulsing blind, projectile screen, and smoke field to blast stealth in.
- for stealth skips.
- can be used to teleport skip in certain places. Combine with for extreme mobility.
- for more damage if you don't need the CC from .
- if you're having trouble surviving. This is a ~10% DPS loss.
- for killing trash.
Remember to also carry a Shortbow for out of combat utility.
- on night time encounters.
- Slaying sigils if applicable.
- if you don't have a ranger providing but can't equip .
- or slaying potions
The rotation for this build is very simple - start off with the following opening burst
- After this, simply repeat your auto-attack chain
- (if you're running it), , and skills from the mark should be used whenever available.
- should also be used whenever available, but make sure you have the boss marked before casting it to ensure maximum bonus damage.
- Make sure you're always flanking (attacking from behind or the sides) to maximize the damage dealt with backstab. If you cannot consistently flank bosses consider swapping to another DPS build.
- Be careful not to interrupt auto-attack chains casting or .
- If you are forced to run Sword/Pistol for better cleave damage, just autoattack and try to look useful.
- Use to blind trash.
- on Shortbow can be used to blast might or stealth. Make sure not to double tap it as only the first skill counts as a blast finisher.
- on Shortbow can be used to skip parts of certain fractals such as the lasers in Aetherblade and the scaffolding in Cliffside.
- Use with nearby allies to break defiance bars.
Thief's unique support in groups is long-lasting group-wide Stealth, which lets you run right past trash without having to fight it. This lets you skip large sections of dungeons and certain fractals.
- should be used as the primary smoke field due to lack of cooldown. Have party members chain blasts in this field with you, while you blast it with . The smoke field only lasts 4s so you need help from your party in order to stack a significant amount of stealth.
- Use in less organised groups since it gives a longer stealth field for easier blasting.
- gives a large amount of area stealth without needing to use blast finishers. This skill is useful when stealthing next to or on top of mobs since most blast finishers deal damage and thus break stealth. It can also be used to reapply stealth in the middle of a skip. When possible retrait for Shadow Arts before using it to get the benefit of and the cooldown reduction of .
- gives 3s of stealth, is a blast finisher, and causes no damage making it very useful if you have to cover a long distance. It is often used in combination with Black Powder.
Once you trigger certain mob groups while being in stealth they will follow you unless you "path" them. This is done by standing still until the Mobs reach you.
After stealthing with your group you can use a lot of skills to skip ahead of your group to trigger bosses/events faster to save time. This requires you to be able to retrait fast for full efficiency but isn't needed.
Shadow Arts should be used instead of Deadly Arts to reduce the cooldowns of Deception skills and get longer stealth from your skills.
- Use to port to mobs.
- Use to blink up ledges and as mobility.
- Use and/or to teleport to mobs (should be used out of range to not hit the mob).
- Use and/or Steal Traited with to gain stealth to not aggro mobs.