Deadeye - Rifle Sniper
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Deadeye build for running around in open world. This build deals high burst damage against single targets from the longest range in the game.
- If you need to cleave enemies often, you can run Sword instead of Dagger.
- You can carry a Shortbow for tagging mobs in open world farming.
- Malicious Restoration - burst heal that cleanses conditions.
- Shadow Flare - alternative damage option.
- Smoke Screen - blinds enemies and destroys projectiles.
- Tripwire/ Binding Shadow/ Shadow Gust - if struggling with defiance bars.
- Shadowstep - alternative stun break that cleanses conditions.
- Haste - alternative stun break that grants offensive boons.
- Shadow Refuge - to escape from enemies or stealth past them.
- Basilisk Venom - strong crowd control if there are allies nearby.
- Trickery is also viable instead of Deadly Arts. This is better in short fights where you can reset 24px Deadeye's Mark often and don't get as much value out of Executioner. However it falls short against bosses.
- This build uses similar gear to the Deadeye - Power DPS Rifle build for fractals and raids. The only difference is that the sigil setup is slightly different. If you don't want to carry around 2 rifles you can just use your existing DPS gear.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- Before you attack, always use 24px Deadeye's Mark on your target.
- This build deals the most damage when kneeling and sniping from range. While you can attack while moving, or fight enemies head-on with your melee weapon, this should be saved as a last resort.
- Your primary damage skill is 24px Death's Judgment. Whenever your malice is maxed out, you should enter stealth and immediately use 24px Death's Judgment to convert it to damage. You can get stealth from using Hide in Shadows, Blinding Powder, Shadow Meld, a dodge, or a stolen skill.
- While waiting for your malice to recharge, you should spam 24px Three Round Burst. If you don't have initiative just use your autoattack.
- Use your range to your advantage by bursting enemies down before they can reach you.
- You can slow down enemies with 24px Skirmisher's Shot or 24px Spotter's Shot, giving you more time to pick them off.
- If cornered by lots of enemies, use stealth or 24px Death's Retreat to disengage.
- Sniper's Cover destroys projectiles. You can also use Smoke Screen for more projectile defense.
- You shouldn't ever take damage as you are fighting from 1200 range. If you do take damage, you can heal some of it with Mug or Invigorating Precision.
- If there are enemy attacks that can hit you, such as ground AoEs, save your dodges for those attacks.
- Hide in Shadows cleanses conditions. In a pinch, you can activate Signet of Agility.
- If you have lots of trouble with conditions you can run Shadowstep or Malicious Restoration.
- Stealth is one of the most useful tools available to Thieves, and especially Deadeyes. Chain your stealth skills to sneak past enemies or run away from fights.
- For longer durations of stealth, like for channeling hero points, you can equip Shadow Refuge.
- If Shadow Refuge is not enough, you can blast stealth. To do this, equip a shortbow, place a Smoke Screen, then spam Cluster Bomb in the smoke field.