Deadeye - The Viper
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A condition + direct damage Deadeye build for WvW, can be used to get into bases for flipping and scouting. Trickery for heavy boonrip + boons on allies, deadly arts for condition buff, utilizes 1500 range gun for backline support or to apply heavy condition stacks.
- Main combo chain when executed in this order: F1, F2, Bindingshadow, F2, Mercy, then F1,F2 (total 2.25 seconds of cast time) without touching initiative enables player lock down + pin sniping.
- variable: rifle projectiles at "100 ping" has an added 0.5-0.75 second cast time to combo chain
- latest build template: https://bit.ly/2QF9kcg
- latest build template update: 10/13/2018
- latest in-game WvW build test: 10/13/2018
- build descriptions below: work-in-progress
- >>> On engage, use this combination in sequence: F1 , then F2 (Steal), followed by , F2 (Steal) again, , then repeat F1 and F2 (Steal). Total 6 skills cast within 2.25 seconds, dodge or right after, always keep 1200-1500 maximum range when casting.
- - use for stealth, heal and condition removal alongside when you can't dodge to stealth
- - CTRL+Right Mouse click this skill to enable auto-cast, can be shared with allies due to 240 radius
- - Applies x2 Poison, x15 Vulnerability, the Immobilize triggers 1 additional Poison stack
- - Both a stun breaker and to trigger the 1st combo mentioned above, also gives initiative
- - Applies stealth, can be chained with , has x2 ammo count and cancels Revealed
Variant (ShadowArts for stealth/mobility @ cost of Trickery boonrip)
- The Trait Payback and when running in a group.
- Viper's gear - High base damage + High condition damage + Longer condition duration
- Grieving gear - High damage base damage + Critical Damage + High condition damage
- Dire Gear - High condition damage + High Toughness + High health @ the cost of direct damage and critical damage
- Sinister Gear - High condition damage + High critical chance + High base damage @ cost of condition duration and ferocity
- Sigil of Venom - use this for +20% poison duration, offsets the need for condition duration stats from Viper's gear
- Sigil of Corruption - stacking condition damage after kills
- Superior Sigil of Energy on both rifles to regain endurance + cancel kneel on weapon-swap
Usage for Roaming/Scouting WvW
- Keep on all times (use Ctrl + right mouse click to loop it)
- On engage combo in order of execution: F1, F2, , immediately F2 again, then , F1, F2 again, dodge/evade to stealth (if all skills connect, enemy now has 20 stacks of poison/vulnerability while you now have 20 might and fury)
- ☠ Pressure targets with . This skill pierces and causes immobilize on targets hit, resulting in poison spread from . From there, will increase the poison damage.
- Avoid stealth reveal areas
- As soon as you spike the target, whether they go downed or not, quickly use to recharge your chain.
- Disengage with basic kiting and use of . If necessary you can use Sniper's Cover smoke field to combo with DR and gain stealth.
- Find opportune times to sneak into bases while others are capping to flip the base when they leave!
- Engineer: When near Engineer that are traited with there are 2 ways they reveal you. If they hit YOU while THEY are invisible, you get revealed from Invisible Analysis(DONT GET HIT WHILE THEY ARE INVIS) and when YOU get a stun, daze, knock-back, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear on YOU, you get Controlled Analysis which reveals you.(DONT GET STUNNED) With Holosmiths, they usually utilize with as the skill with proc the trait. Avoid the shock-wave and you will have no issue.
- Be aware of Stealth Gyros' - you can blind em, dodge em, and be invulnerable to avoid it or outright kill them.
- Warrior: Keep your distance due to and always avoid their burst skills. Doing so will prevent the possible which both pulse reveal that you cannot remove as itll just re-apply.
- Again avoid their bursts, it not only keeps you alive but prevents their sustain from .
- When they block, dont hit em... Combined with will give them more sustain...that and reflects projectiles.
- will no longer go through walls and ignore Line of Sight, precast before target LoS you.. Removes boons and CC, can cause a nifty amount of poison as well.