Dragonhunter - Hammer Support DPS
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skill Bar
- 3 Specializations
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Consumables
- 6 Usage
- 7 Encounter-specific Tips
- A hybrid DPS/support build for Dragonhunter. While this build deals very low damage compared to the more popular Dragonhunter - Power DPS, it has an extremely easy rotation which provides Protection to 5 players and minor heals from Writ of Persistence. This makes it a viable choice for new raiders and struggling groups that for whatever reason are unable to bring Stone Spirit.
- Shield provides a knockback, which can be useful for helping with pushing (e.g. seekers on VG).
- Greatsword can be used instead of Scepter/Focus for an AoE pull with Binding Blade.
- Purification can be used to blind mobs that can knockback (Sabetha and Gorseval) or deal a lot of damage (Xera).
- Shelter can be used to help nullify niche mechanics, such as Slothasor's shake attack.
- "Stand Your Ground!" can be used to have a higher supply of Retaliation to keep up the extra damage and crit bonus from Radiance.
- Hallowed Ground can be used for even more Retaliation if needed, like when chronomancers are not with the group at Deimos.
- "Retreat!" can be used to block big hits like the knockback from Gorseval, the timed bombs from Matthias or the shockwave from Deimos.
- Hammer of Wisdom provides additional CC if needed.
- Wall of Reflection or Shield of the Avenger if projectile defense is needed.
- Use "Feel My Wrath!" to help slacking Mesmers keep up Quickness. It can also be nice at bosses where the group is split, such as Sabetha when doing cannons or Matthias in general.
- Take 24px Righteous Instincts if there are no other power DPS to benefit from the shared 216 power of Perfect Inscriptions.
- Zeal can be used instead of Radiance for better personal DPS but at the cost of the damage buff from Perfect Inscriptions. Usually not worth running (as you can just play Dragonhunter - Power DPS instead) but included for the sake of completeness.
- Start on Scepter/Focus with Shield of Wrath precasted.
- Procession of Blades
- Spear of Justice
- Symbol of Punishment
- Sword of Justice
- Ray of Judgment
- Dragon's Maw
- Sword of Justice
- Autoattack until Sword of Justice is available
- Sword of Justice
- Weapon swap
- After you swap to hammer just spend the rest of the fight autoattacking. Cast Spear of Justice, Sword of Justice, Procession of Blades and Dragon's Maw whenever available.
- Be very careful not to interrupt your auto attack chains - Symbol of Protection has a much longer cast time than the first two parts so it should be easy to track when you're finishing a chain.
- Spear of Justice and Procession of Blades share a cooldown and so should always be available to cast at together.
- Dodging does not interrupt your auto attack chain.
- Only swap to Scepter/Focus if the ranged damage is needed.
- Use Bane Signet as often as possible to share the damage buff through Perfect Inscriptions.
- Bane Signet
- Ring of Warding (used inside your enemy's hitbox)
- Virtue: Burn foes every few attacks.
Activate: Hurl a spear of light that passes through foes. Enemies struck become tethered and receive conditions periodically.can be used for CC if needed. You will lose the uptime on Big Game Hunter.
- Piercing Light adds Slow to all your traps, dealing 100 more breakbar damage with each second. This is both soft CC and hard CC.
- Dragon's Maw pulls and applies Slow on your target.
- Chains of Light deals 100 breakbar damage and renders enemies immobile.
- Use Ring of Warding and Banish to keep the Seekers away. In an emergency you can also knock them away with Shield. Keep in mind that you also knock away enemies when you start to revive somebody which can be useful.
- You might want to save Banish for the breakbar.
- Shield of Courage can block all the blue AoEs.
- Wings of Resolve is a good gap closer as well as a strong heal, use it wisely.
- In the split phase, protection helps the more squishy classes a lot when you pull the blue guardian on top of the green one and there are two heavy hitting aura ticks for a few seconds.
- You can use Shield of Courage to share aegis for his knockback attack.
- Procession of Blades can hit you quite hard due to Retaliation from Gorseval. To negate that you can use Litany of Wrath, which allows you to output DPS in the CC phase without losing the Scholar Rune buff.
- Zealot's Embrace can be used to immobilize Charged Souls.
- In case people can't go up to destroy cannons, use Wings of Resolve to quickly reach a launch pad.
- Wall of Reflection is useful against the slublings.
- Shield of Courage can block everything at Slothasor which is especially useful when he does his shake attack, as many have trouble dodging it. It can also block the fear that Slothasor applies after the CC phase which is valuable, especially for the last CC phase at 10%.
- If needed, you can pull slublings with your Spear of Justice. Keep in mind that it pierces, so multiple slublings can be pulled with it if used optimally.
- You can take the role of the main reflect in this fight; however, you have to keep in mind that the cooldown of Wall of Reflection is 30 seconds-the same as Matthias' invulnerability bubble. Thus, you need decent Alacrity uptime and must cleanse chill as fast as possible if it is applied to you.
- A way to always have Wall of Reflection up in time without having to rely on Alacrity is replacing Radiance with Virtues and using Master of Consecrations.
- On a sidenote, all of Matthias' attacks in abomination phase have longer cooldowns. Accordingly, you don't have to worry about not having Wall of Reflection up in time.
- In the phase from 40% until the end blocks become very valuable. A well timed Aegis can block the undodgeable timed bombs. The same principle applies to the damage from the ghosts, which is blockable but not dodgeable.
- Swap Protective Reviver to Can't find such trait "Protective Impact"! Please refer to our trait index for this fight so you don't accidentally eat a projectile you need to reflect.
Stronghold of the Faithful
- Consider playing Guardian - Power DPS here as there isn't much damage pressure and burst damage is important on this fight.
- You can assist in pushing the orb into the rifts by pulling them with Spear of Justice. Be careful with it though, as the impact of the spear hitting the orb will push it away from you a tiny bit before you can pull it in.
- You can use everything you have including Bane Signet for CC without any drawback since after each CC phase,there will be some DPS downtime.
- You can share aegis with Shield of Courage to help your team when the room is filled with small AoEs before the last burn phase.
- Your pretty decent ranged damage with Scepter allows you to assist with clearing shards and standing on the buttons surrounding the big shards that you have to destroy both before the fight and when you get teleported to the other platform.
Bastion of the Penitent
- Consider playing Dragonhunter - Power DPS here as there isn't enough damage on this fight to warrant sacrificing all your DPS for protection.
- You can share aegis to block Deimos's pizza attack or Mind Crush.
Hall of Chains