Dragonhunter - Power Greatsword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skill Bar
- 3 Specializations
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Consumables
- 6 Usage
A strong power build with very high burst and decent mobility.
- Longbow - strong ranged option with decent area damage.
- Scepter - decent ranged option with high Might generation thanks to
- Staff - good for running with a zerg
- - defensive option. You can cancel the animation but keep the block by stowing your weapon during the cast. However, you won't receive any healing if you do this.
- - heal trap that blinds an an area when triggered
- - great AOE damage that mobs can be made to repeatedly walk over; higher burst than
- - generates Vulnerability
- - stunbreak that also grants you some Resolution uptime.
- - grants more Resolution
- - condi cleanse
- - if you need to reflect projectiles.
- - long-lasting swiftness while running, also gives aegis
- - teleport with a moderate cooldown
- - defensive option.
- - great for DPS but worse for burst and CC
- - use if running in a zerg
- , - lowers DPS for defense
Honor can be taken for more defense at the cost of damage.
- - extreme condition cleanse
- - extra might uptime
Valor can be taken for more defense at the cost of damage.
- - high sustain if taking multiple meditations
- , - good if keeping focus over shield
Virtues can be taken for more Resolution uptime and ally support at the cost of damage.
- - if taking consecrations
- - if cc is an issue
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
This set uses gear that is very similar to Dragonhunter - Power DPS, making it excellent for general PVE
This set trades ~10% DPS for +60% health.
- - competitive with
- - high burst option
- - budget DPS
- , , - defense
- - general-use DPS
- - strong defense
- - budget DPS
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- This food assists with more difficult content, such as bosses or bounties. Ascended versions of these are available and should be used when possible.
- - permanent Fury when farming trash or with a zerg
- - extreme sustain when farming trash or with a zerg
- - a huge boost to damage whenf arming trash or in a zerg
- , - DPS food
- , - Defense and Might
- - Lifesteal
- , , - Damage Reduction Food
- , - Damage
- Note that to play this build optimally you must turn off "Melee Attack Assist" in your Options menu. This is so you can stand inside of boss hitboxes.
- Your main damage skills are , , , , , , and . Swap between your weapons using these skills whenever possible, and fill with autoattacks. You should attempt to use and right before you use .
- Never interrupt your Greatsword or Sword autoattack chains as all the damage is loaded in the last hit.
- Resolution is a massive damage boost so you should try to have it up as much as possible. Your main Resolution sources are , , and . If using the Virtues variant, will provide an enormous boost to your Resolution uptime as well as significant damage.
- If using Virtues, resets off every kill thanks to . You should use it whenever possible.
- In long fights you should bring instead of for increased Resolution uptime.
- If running Zeal, fight enemies in your symbols to get the damage buff from .
- You should wait until procs before activating
While this opener may not apply in every situation, it is a good general-use rotation to start with. Open on Sword/Focus.
- Weapon Swap
- Auto-attack until , , and are back up
- Weapon Swap
From there, your goal is to load your big damage skills into the window provided by while auto-attacking and using off cooldown.
- You have a ton of Resolution uptime which helps you against conditions.
- is a powerful defensive skill. If you stand on top of an ally while this is active it can block attacks for them as well.
- , , and blind enemies.
- and can be used against projectiles.
- is a block that also gives aegis, protection, Resolution, stability, and a stun break.
- You can run for more active defense. You can also run but this comes at the cost of one of your best burst damage skills.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- This build doesn't have much sustained healing unless you have , so avoiding damage is extremely important in long fights. You can run healing food, such as in these situations to relieve some pressure.
- is a powerful heal and condition cleanse. You can also use in the light field from your symbols to cleanse conditions.
- When zerging, use your , , and to tag mobs. Try to make sure your procs on groups so you get credit for all of them.
- Against bosses or static groups of mobs (while the zerg isn't moving much), use your higher-damage weapon set such as Greatsword or Sword/Focus.
- Virtue: Burn foes every few attacks.
Activate: Hurl a spear of light that passes through foes. Enemies struck become tethered and receive conditions periodically.
- (as a last resort)