Dragonhunter - Radiant Greatsword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Dragonhunter build for running around in open world. This build deals extremely high burst damage and has excellent defensive skills allowing it to stay alive. Compared to Guardian - Radiant Greatsword, it has more burst damage and mobility, but less consistent sustained damage.
- Your second weapon set is fairly flexible. Sword/Focus is suggested because it provides a good mix of defense, AoE damage, and mobility. Depending on what you need, you can run Hammer (crowd control), Scepter (ranged and high damage on bosses), and/or Shield (crowd control and projectile defense).
- You can carry a Staff for tagging mobs in open world farming.
- Healing Skills
- Shelter - defensive option. You can cancel the animation but keep the block by stowing your weapon during the cast. However, you won't receive any healing if you do this.
- Utility Skills
- Sword of Justice - more burst damage.
- Hallowed Ground - grants more retaliation for boss fights where you can't proc Renewed Justice much.
- Hammer of Wisdom - more crowd control.
- Smite Condition - if you need condition cleanse.
- Wall of Reflection - if you need to reflect projectiles.
- Shield of the Avenger - alternative projectile defense option.
- "Retreat!" - long-lasting swiftness while running.
- Elite Skills
- Renewed Focus - defensive option.
- Master of Consecrations - if running Hallowed Ground or Wall of Reflection.
- Hunter's Fortification - if you're dying to lots of damage and/or conditions that you can't dodge. This trait sacrifices up to 20% of your damage so think carefully about slotting it.
- In short fights, or if you have an ally granting you retaliation, you can run Zeal instead of Virtues.
- When soloing extremely dangerous enemies such as Heart of Thorns hero challenges or Queen's Gauntlet bosses, it's sometimes worth running Honor instead of Virtues. This is a significant damage loss but allows you to dodge more often. Note that you will need to avoid using Wings of Resolve to maintain the passive.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Dragonhunter - Power DPS build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- provides high sustain at the cost of damage.
- For a tankier alternative, you can run this mix of Marauder and Valkyrie stats. You lose about 8% of your damage (significantly more if you drop retaliation) but have almost 70% increased health.
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- Your main damage skills are
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain as all the damage is loaded in the last hit.
- Retaliation is a massive damage boost so you should try to have it up as much as possible. Your main retaliation sources are Spear of Justice, Symbol of Wrath, Healer's Retribution, and "Stand Your Ground!"
- If running Zeal, fight enemies in your symbols to get the damage buff from Symbolic Avenger.
- If using Unscathed Contender, try not to get hit (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
- Shield of Wrath is a powerful defensive skill.
- Spear of Justice, Leap of Faith, and Symbol of Blades blind enemies.
- Wall of Reflection and Shield of the Avenger can be used against projectiles.
- Shield of Courage is a block that also gives aegis, protection, retaliation, stability, and a stun break.
- You can run Shelter for more active defense. You can also run Renewed Focus but this comes at the cost of one of your best burst damage skills.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- This build doesn't have much sustained healing unless you have , so avoiding damage is extremely important in long fights.
- Wings of Resolve is a powerful heal and condition cleanse. You can also use Whirling Wrath in the light field from your symbols to cleanse conditions.