Druid - Bunker Druid
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A PvP Druid skirmisher build for holding points and occasionally supporting allies. Repeated nerfs to Staff and pet damage slowly shifted the Druid meta to Longbow for better damage and decap potential.
- Bristleback can be replaced by Juvenile Electric Wyvern (AoE CCs and a combo field).
- For a more defensive, support oriented version you can replace the Longbow with a Staff and take , although the Longbow version is far superior.
- - strong defensive stats and 10% extra healing from all sources.
- Under General Options / User Interface enable "Thick party health bars" and "Always show health bars". These will make it much easier to keep track of who needs your support.
- Dodging applies Protection, which also heals thanks to the trait .
- Survival skills cure 2 conditions and grant Fury. can cleanse 4, because it triggers another Survival skill from.
- Reviving downed allies is a big part of your role:
- is an extremely strong tool on a 85s CD that'll almost always guarantee a rez.
- To make things even easier, you can drop out of when you reach the target in order to cloak them with.
- Under heavy pressure activating can win you a couple of extra seconds before you'd have to give up on your ally.
- If the downed ally isn't near your position can be used to get there as soon as possible.
- can't destroy unblockable projectiles. Always use it with a Leap or Blast Finisher for extra healing.
- will leap backwards, while its chain skill will take you forward. To make better use of these, when you need to go in just one direction turn around before using Hornet Sting, then turn back before using. Setting up a keybind for "about face" (Options ⇒ Control Options ⇒ Movement) makes turning around much smoother.
- Signets are some of the strongest defensive skills in the build. Both the actives and passives are fairly valuable.
- is extremely useful against direct damage spikes, but you have to use it proactively and sometimes even predict when the burst is coming. Use it too late and it's wasted, too soon and your opponent can just delay its plan until the signet runs out.
- is basically the anti-condition version of the other signet. Biggest difference is, you want to use this after your opponents used up the bulk of their damage. You don't want to get spiked after wasting it on a few throwaway conditions.
- In combat try to use right before switching pets to provide them with the most Fury/Regeneration possible and to make their opening attacks unblockable.
- Much of the build's damage will come from pets. Don't start encounters on Smokescale, be on your secondary pet and switch to Smokescale when you need burst or a CC. Optional: stack up Vulnerability with before swapping to Smokescale.
- In duels always try to keep your pet between you and your target. This way when you're attacking with the pet's going to get healed which yields Astral Force. The pet can also bodyblock hostile projectiles.
- Any Boon gained by the Druid is also applied to the pet, which means swapping to Staff for the Quickness from
- Bristleback's is a very valuable burst skill, try to buff your pet before using it through Might, Fury, and Quickness stacking.
- Root people into the burst with either or even.
- Root people into the burst with either
- Often overlooked but cleanses conditions.
Longbow (if taken)
- Try to land your heavy hitters after building sufficient amount of Might stacks.
- is your main burst skill.
- can set up Rapid Fire nicely, or even help you decap an enemy controlled point by pushing them out of it.
- is a defensive skill that can be used to safecast important skill under heavy pressure such as your heal, or just disengage while the Stealth lasts. The projectile being rather quick also makes this skill good for getting rid of Blind / Aegis if you're willing to sacrifice this skill's benefits (if the projectile hits nothing or gets blocked, you won't gain stealth).
- is the go to skill for cleave damage.
- It's important to start a match with a fair amount of Swiftness on every member of the team. You have two options to do that:
- (if taken) Electric Wyvern's pet ability, , is a Lightning Field which can be used to stack AoE Swiftness by executing Blast Finishers in it.
- provides very decent Swiftness uptime on its own, even more if you use it in a Lightning Field as this is a Blast Finisher.
- (if taken) Electric Wyvern's pet ability,
- If your team doesn't have a Thief with a Pistol off hand to stack AoE Stealth just before the first major encounter begins, this task may fall to you:
- Just like the Wyvern, Smokescale also has a combo field: , which is a Smoke Field. Executing Blast Finishers in it (such as the aforementioned Call of the Wild or) will apply AoE Stealth.
- Just like the Wyvern, Smokescale also has a combo field:
- Becomes available once you fill your Astral Force bar, which can be done mostly through healing, and to a lesser extent damage dealing.
- grants Might to allies for every Celestial Avatar skill used. Pulsing skills grant Might on each pulse.
- Entering removes all conditions and breaks stun. Exiting the form applies AoE Superspeed and Stealth. Careful with the stealth however, as it can make you lose the capture point.
- Sometimes under heavy pressure entering CA just for the mass cleanse and stun break only to almost immediately drop out of it for the stealth is better than trying to use your heals and risk getting bursted down, but at least try to get a off (both for CC and sustain).
- Sometimes under heavy pressure entering CA just for the mass cleanse and stun break only to almost immediately drop out of it for the stealth is better than trying to use your heals and risk getting bursted down, but at least try to get a
- should usually be used on cooldown. There's a bit of a delay between placing the seed and the cleanse going off, be sure to stand in it when it blossoms.
- is a quick and huge heal which also CCs enemies. As a Blast Finisher this has many other applications, for example blasting Seed of Life's Light Field results in AoE cleansing 1 condition.
- is very straightforward, just use it to heal yourself and allies. Can be combo'd withfor burst healing or just to reduce the chance of getting interrupted.
- is excellent for cleaving downed enemies. Note: the channeling can be interrupted by moving or weapon stowing, but the Stability will still remain - you can use that to safely cast another skill.
- Consider using under heavy pressure before entering Celestial Avatar, the Stability can increase the chance of getting your heals off.
- Boon removal.