Druid - Condi Trapper
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Druid build for running around in open world. This build deals good AoE condition damage and has access to amazing utility and self-sustain.
- A good Ranger swaps pets depending on the situation. Here are some pets worth having:
- Juvenile Jacaranda - highest damage pet.
- Juvenile Murellow - defensive pet that can tank for you and pulses poison.
- Juvenile Rock Gazelle - provides good defiance bar damage.
- Juvenile Bristleback or Juvenile Smokescale - tanky pet that also deals high damage.
- Juvenile Marsh Drake - tanky pet that also deals good AoE damage.
- Juvenile Wolf - powerful AoE crowd control.
- If you don't need the defensive utility of Staff, you can run Axe/Torch for more damage.
- Utility Skills
- Sun Spirit - more damage if you don't need the defensive utility of Glyph of Equality.
- Stone Spirit - if you're having trouble staying alive.
- Sharpened Edges - more DPS when fighting single targets.
- Ambidexterity - if running axe/torch.
- Natural Stride - if not running glyphs, or if you want the movement speed.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Soulbeast - Condi DPS and Druid - Boon Support Healer builds for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- You can run Carrion stats as a cheaper alternative while you're working your way up to Viper, or if you prefer having more health. You lose about 10% damage but your health is increased by 60%.
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- Shortbow is your main weapon. Use Poison Volley and Crippling Shot whenever available and fill with autoattacks.
- Flanking enemies is important with this build, as your short bow skills deal significantly more damage when hitting from the back or the side. Dodge through enemies before unloading your condition burst.
- Use your traps off cooldown. Entangle is also worth using for damage.
- Ancient Seeds is a potent damage increase. Set up enemies with Concussion Shot, Glyph of Equality, or Lunar Impact, then hit all of them at the same time with a skill such as Flame Trap to proc Ancient Seeds on all of them.
- Use the endurance regeneration from Natural Vigor to dodge incoming attacks.
- This build has a lot of crowd control that you can use to interrupt or lock down enemies. Entangle both immobilizes enemies and deals good damage. Vine Surge, Lunar Impact, and Glyph of Equality provide heavy crowd control.
- Sublime Conversion not only nullifies projectiles but converts them to healing.
- Ancestral Grace can be used to evade attacks and reposition.
- One tactic for dealing with dangerous enemies is to bring Juvenile Murellow or another tanky pet. This lets you deal damage from a safe distance while enemies are focused on your pet.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- This build gets an insane amount of sustain from Celestial Avatar. This skill is a stun break that removes all conditions from you and replaces your entire skill bar with healing skills.
- Lunar Impact is by far the most useful skill: a burst heal, blast finisher, and CC rolled into one. You should use this every time you go into Celestial Avatar.
- Seed of Life blinds enemies, cleanses a condition, and heals you for a small amount. Notably, if you cast it and then exit Celestial Avatar, the healing will give you astral force.
- Cosmic Ray is a spammable heal that you can use if you're still low on health.
- You don't have to stay in Celestial Avatar for the whole duration. If you use only the skills you need, then immediately exit, you can save astral force for the next time you go into Celestial Avatar.
- Staff is a strong defensive weapon with another heal and blast finisher on Ancestral Grace. If using the Optimal gear setup, swapping to Staff refills your endurance and grants lifesteal on your next attack.
- In addition to excellent healing, Healing Spring provides a water field that you can blast with Lunar Impact or Ancestral Grace for even more healing. Sublime Conversion is another water field you can use.
- Between Healing Spring and Celestial Avatar, you should never have trouble with conditions.