Elementalist - Basic Elementalist
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skill Bar
- 3 Specializations
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Consumables
- 6 Usage
This is a good starting place for those seeking to learn the Elementalist class. While complex, Elementalist offers a variety of useful tools in its kit and can engage foes from various ranges with different playstyles. This version of Elementalist focuses on dealing high power damage.
- Staff - use for ranging in zergs
- Focus - Provides more defensive options
- Scepter - Ranged option with many blasts.
- - provides a blast finisher
- - high passive healing
- - burst heal.
- - if conditions are a problem.
- - a high damage, long-cooldown glyph; use in for lots of Vulnerability
- - more area damage
- - for mobility.
- - very high DPS option for when big skills are on cooldown.
- - for mobility.
- - summons a strong elemental based on attunement
- - provides alternate rotation
Arcane can replace Fire or Water for a boost to defense and utility
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
This set uses similar gear to Tempest - Power DPS, making it a good option for general PVE
- use a few Knight's or Soldier trinkets if extra defense is needed
- - more active defense
- - higher DPS due to better Might uptime
- / - budget DPS
- / - budget DPS
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- This food assists with more difficult content, such as bosses or bounties. Ascended versions of these are available and should be used when possible.
- - permanent Fury when farming trash or with a zerg
- - extreme sustain when farming trash or with a zerg
- - a huge boost to damage whenf arming trash or in a zerg
- , - DPS food
- , - Defense and Might
- - Lifesteal
- , , - Damage Reduction Food
- , - Damage
Fresh Air Notes
- allows for a must faster paced playstyle. You can swap from Air to any attunement and use the skills you need, then reset the cooldown on with any critical hit and immediately attune back to Air. This lets you spam and for DPS while still getting the utility of your other attunements.
- The attunement you swap to depends on the situation:
- has powerful burst damage skills in and .
- grants and for sustain.
- grants for mobility and for crowd control.
- After using the skills you need, you should swap back to and autoattack while waiting for your attunements to recharge.
- Avoid auto-attacking in Earth
- The best defense is always to dodge or sidestep attacks.
- continuously blinds enemies for 10 seconds when used in .
- CC enemies with: , , and ⇒
- can be used to mitigate pressure.
- , used in , creates a tanky elemental that can help relieve pressure
- - high passive sustain
- is a good source of healing and condition cleanse. If running Arcane, you can dodge in to get a second from , which only has a 10-second cooldown.
- You can run or to better deal with condition pressure.
- , used in , creates an elemental with strong healing and condition cleanse on a short cooldown.
- (from Ice Elemental)
- (from Air Elemental)