Elementalist - Basic Elementalist
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skill Bar
- 3 Specializations
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Consumables
- 6 Usage
This is a good starting place for those seeking to learn the Elementalist class. While complex, Elementalist offers a variety of useful tools in its kit and can engage foes from various ranges with different playstyles. This version of Elementalist focuses on power damage using daggers or a staff.
- Staff - Strong ranged option
- Mainhand Dagger - our highest DPS mainhand
- Offhand Dagger - high mobility and burst damage
- Focus - Provides more defensive options
- Scepter - Ranged option with many blasts.
- Healing Skills
- - provides a blast finisher
- - high passive healing
- - burst heal.
- - if conditions are a problem.
- Utility Skills
- - a very powerful defensive tool that blocks and breaks stun
- - a high damage, long-cooldown glyph; use in for lots of Vulnerability
- - a strong passive bonus to our crit chance; do not activate this with power builds
- / - more AOE or damage
- - heavy defiance bar damage via .
- - for mobility.
- - very high DPS option for when big skills are on cooldown.
- Elite Skills
- - for mobility.
- - summons a strong elemental for us based on our attunement; Fire is melee damage and Might, Water is cc and healing, Air is ranged DPS, and Earth is tank and
- - take this to immediately change your entire playstyle, see Usage notes.
- - grants us a wide number of skills when we dodge; useful for a variety of reasons
Water provides some moderate sustain while maintaining very high DPS. Replaces Arcane or Fire.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
Core Elementalist is a difficult class to play with a low health pool. It may be worth taking some defensive armor, runes, or trinkets in order to alleviate some of the pressure while learning it. Consult the variants below.
- Berserker's - glass DPS
- Assassin's - used for fine-tuning crit chance
- Marauder - extremely efficient gear set with similar DPS to Berserker's but a +60% increase to HP
- Knight's , Soldier - defensive prefixes that can be mixed with offensive prefixes when the extra tank is needed
- - budget runes
- - general high DPS rune
- , , , - defensive runes
Force and Strength are the highest DPS options.
- - more dodges for better defense
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- This food assists with more difficult content, such as bosses or bounties.
- , , Can't find such food "Bowl of Meat and Winter Vegetables"! Please refer to our food index. - Defense/Damage
- , - Damage
- - Damage
Fresh Air Notes
- allows for a must faster paced playstyle. You can swap from Air to any attunement and use the skills you need, then reset the cooldown on with any critical hit and immediately attune back to Air. This lets you spam and for DPS while still getting the utility of your other attunements.
- The attunement you swap to depends on the situation:
- has powerful burst damage skills in and .
- grants and for sustain.
- grants for mobility and for crowd control.
- After using the skills you need, you should swap back to and autoattack while waiting for your attunements to recharge.
- The goal for this build is to use your major damaging skills in Fire, Air, and Earth, with a heavy emphasis on Air due to its strong auto-attack.
- These are , , , , , , , , and
- You can use to help maintain Fury.
- Weave in and when you can for more damage.
- in Fire or Air can be used as a high-damage opener.
- deals more damage, but has a much shorter cooldown allowing you to throw it out liberally.
If using staff, simply camp and use your skills off-cooldown, other than
- The best defense is always to dodge or sidestep attacks. Use the high Vigor uptime of this build to your advantage.
- continuously blinds enemies for 10 seconds when used in .
- You can use , , and ⇒ to interrupt enemies.
- In desperate circumstances, can also be used as a dodge.
- can be used to mitigate pressure.
- and have no cast time; use them if you need them.
- , used in , creates a tanky elemental that can help take pressure off you.
- Always be spamming or other skills to maximize the healing from .
- is a good source of healing and condition cleanse. If running Arcane, you can dodge in to get a second from , which only has a 10-second cooldown.
- You can run or to better deal with condition pressure.
- , used in , creates an elemental with strong healing and condition cleanse on a short cooldown.
- (from Ice Elemental)
- (from Air Elemental)