Elementalist - Dagger/x Fresh Air
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A good starter fresh air ele build. This build doesn't compare well to its Tempest variant, but can still hold its own decently well in open world.
- You can run Focus for more defensive skills such as and .
- You can use Scepter for ranged damage, but note that this is a significant damage loss.
- You can carry a Staff for tagging mobs in open world farming.
- Healing Skills
- - burst heal.
- - if conditions are a problem.
- Utility Skills
- or - more damage.
- - heavy defiance bar damage via .
- - for mobility.
- Elite Skills
- - for mobility.
- - if you need condition cleanse.
- - provides more Blind if having trouble with trash mobs.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- Marauder gear is superior to Assassin's / Berserker's for open world farming due to its tiny loss of damage but massive defense increase.
- is a powerful defensive option if you're having trouble surviving.
- is a standard PvE rune which offers higher burst damage but lower DPS.
- If running Scholars, swap for .
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- ,,- general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- This build relies on the trait . You can swap from Air to any attunement and use the skills you need, then reset the cooldown on with any critical hit and immediately attune back to Air. This lets you spam and for DPS while still getting the utility of your other attunements.
- The attunement you swap to depends on the situation:
- has powerful burst damage skills in and .
- grants and for sustain.
- grants for mobility and for crowd control.
- After using the skills you need, you should swap back to and autoattack while waiting for your attunements to recharge.
- DPS is mostly passive with this build; just make sure you're hitting things with your .
- You can use to help maintain Fury.
- Weave in and when you can for more damage.
- in Fire or Air can be used as a high-damage opener.
- deals more damage, but has a much shorter cooldown allowing you to throw it out liberally.
- The best defense is always to dodge or sidestep attacks. Use the high Vigor uptime of this build to your advantage.
- continuously blinds enemies for 10 seconds when used in .
- You can use , , and ⇒ to interrupt enemies.
- In desperate circumstances, can also be used as a dodge.
- can be used to mitigate pressure.
- and have no cast time; use them if you need them.
- , used in , creates a tanky elemental that can help take pressure off you.
- Always be spamming or other skills to maximize the healing from .
- is a good source of healing and condition cleanse. If running Arcane, you can dodge in to get a second from , which only has a 10-second cooldown.
- You can run or to better deal with condition pressure.
- , used in , creates an elemental with strong healing and condition cleanse on a short cooldown.
- (from Ice Elemental)
- (from Air Elemental)