Elementalist - Dagger/x Fresh Air
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Variant of Tempest - Dagger/x Fresh Air for players without access to the Heart of Thorns expansion. This build is highly mobile and has good sustained damage.
- You can run Focus for more defensive skills such as Swirling Winds and Obsidian Flesh.
- You can use Scepter for ranged damage, but note that this is a significant damage loss.
- You can carry a Staff for tagging mobs in open world farming.
- Healing Skills
- Utility Skills
- Arcane Blast or Arcane Wave - more damage.
- Conjure Frost Bow - heavy defiance bar damage via Deep Freeze.
- Lightning Flash - for mobility.
- Elite Skills
- Conjure Fiery Greatsword - for mobility.
- Smothering Auras - if you need condition cleanse.
- Blinding Ashes - provides more Blind if having trouble with trash mobs.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Weaver - Power DPS Fresh Air Sword build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- provides high sustain at the cost of damage.
- For a tankier option you can run full Marauder's stats. You lose about 10% damage but your health is increased by almost 60%.
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- This build relies on the trait Fresh Air. You can swap from Air to any attunement and use the skills you need, then reset the cooldown on Air Attunement with any critical hit and immediately attune back to Air. This lets you spam Electric Discharge and Lightning Whip for DPS while still getting the utility of your other attunements.
- The attunement you swap to depends on the situation:
- Fire Attunement has powerful burst damage skills in Burning Speed and Fire Grab.
- Water Attunement grants Frost Aura and Cleansing Wave for sustain.
- Earth Attunement grants Magnetic Leap for mobility and Earthquake for crowd control.
- After using the skills you need, you should swap back to Air Attunement and autoattack while waiting for your attunements to recharge.
- DPS is mostly passive with this build; just make sure you're hitting things with your Lightning Whip.
- You can use Lightning Touch to help maintain Fury.
- Weave in Burning Speed and Fire Grab when you can for more damage.
- Glyph of Storms in Fire or Air can be used as a high-damage opener.
- The best defense is always to dodge or sidestep attacks. Use the high Vigor uptime of this build to your advantage.
- Glyph of Storms continuously blinds enemies for 10 seconds when used in Earth Attunement.
- You can use Earthquake, Updraft, and Shocking Aura ⇒ 24px Transmute Lightning to interrupt enemies.
- In desperate circumstances, Updraft can also be used as a dodge.
- Arcane Shield can be used to mitigate pressure.
- Shocking Aura and Frost Aura have no cast time; use them if you need them.
- Glyph of Elementals, used in Earth Attunement, creates a tanky elemental that can help take pressure off you.
- Always be spamming Lightning Whip or other skills to maximize the healing from Signet of Restoration.
- Cleansing Wave is a good source of healing and condition cleanse. If running Arcane, you can dodge in Water Attunement to get a second Cleansing Wave from Evasive Arcana, which only has a 10-second cooldown.
- You can run Ether Renewal or Smothering Auras to better deal with condition pressure.
- Glyph of Elementals, used in Water Attunement, creates an elemental with strong healing and condition cleanse on a short cooldown.