Elementalist - Noble Staff
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A squishy PVP staff build designed for 5v5 able to dish out heavy area damage and control over movement in team fights. Usable by free-to-play players.
--In 'General Options', disable 'Snap Ground Target to Current Target' if the option is enabled.
--In 'Control Options', bind a key to the 'About Face' keybind under the 'Movement' section.
- The majority of the user's damage will come from building up might off of auto attacks while in , then switching to and casting AOE abilities such as and on top of team fights.
-- 25 stacks of might can be quickly generated from the following sources:
|- triggers Rune of the Aristocracy's 6th passive trait, which generates 5 stacks of might every time the user inflicts weakness on a foe.
|- grants 2 stacks of might for every ability used while inside , including utilities.
|- passively generates 1 stack of might every time the user switches attunements.
-- Basic Damage Combo:
- Optional Use:
Repeat once is off cooldown.
-- Use of
- Depending on what attunement the user is in, the elemental summoned can do extra damage, heal allies, stun an enemy, or inflict controlling conditions.
|- While in , the elemental's active utility cast will do damage and inflicting burning.
|- While in , the elemental's active utility cast will heal allies also removing a condition from them, and knockback enemies.
|- While in , the elemental's active utility cast will stun an enemy from the same range as most of the user's staff weapon skills.
|- While in , the elemental's active utility cast will immobilize, cripple, and inflict weakness (henceforth giving the user 5 extra stacks of might for 4 seconds).
- While attuned to , the user can cast defensively by placing the AOE on top of choke points (i.e. stairs that lead to a capture point) or prevent revives/stomps by placing the edge of the AOE circle underneath an enemy during their action to stun them for 2 seconds.
|- can be used to help you get away if needed as you can cast this ability backwards while running.
- While attuned to , the user can cast defensively by placing the line on top of stairs, similar to .
- Arcane abilities such as can affect up to 5 enemies with immobilize while in Earth Attunement, chill while in Water Attunement, or blind while in Air Attunement (thanks to ), all which can be used to the user's advantage in order to lock down a kill or help the user when focused.
- Given this build functions like a 'paper-cannon' build with lower health and little sustain, good positioning is needed in order to contribute towards team fights and +1 situations.
- For the best chance of doing damage without being focused, stay at range or get to high ground (can be anything ranging from on top of boxes to ledges) in order to receive the most benefit from Sigil of Separation and help the user stay out of view in a teamfight.
- is the user's best "panic button" movement skill in order to get high-ground, run away, or teleport to an ally to help revive them if needed.
|- More advanced use of this skill can be achieved by casting backwards (Use the "About Face" keybind mentioned earlier then cast the skill) followed up by letting the user go forwards 1800 units.
- If things go haywire and the user ends up getting focused, running away is the best option through use of and swapping to Air Attunement for superspeed from .
|- More advanced use of this mechanic can be achieved by cycling from Air Attunement to other attunements and landing a critical strike (Sigil of Intelligence helps with this), resetting the cooldown of Air Attunement through .
- is great for reflecting ranged burst (i.e. Ranger's longbow 2 skill).
-- Use of Combo Fields/Finishers:
- , , and are all blast finishers that can grant the user and allies certain boons and buffs based on the field combo'd.
|- The user can combo healing by casting either or and using one of the three blast finishers listed above inside the field.
|- Generate frost aura to the user and allies by casting and using one of the blast finishers listed above inside the field.
|- Area might can be generated by casting or and using one of the blast finishers listed above inside the field.
|- Before a match starts, pre-casting , and one of the blast finishers listed above inside the field will reward 20 seconds of swiftness to the user's entire group.
- Melee Pressure
- Heavy CC