Elementalist - S/F Fresh air roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
S/F Fresh Air is a WvW roaming build which focuses on burst damage whilst avoiding damage by utilizing superspeed, projectile hate and invulnerabilities to make up for its squishiness.
- The ratio of Marauder and Berserker's gear can be changed based on personal preferences. More experienced players can replace some Marauder pieces with Berserker ones.
There are plenty of viable choices:
- - highest damage option.
- - damage and extra vitality in case you're not comfortable with the current HP.
- - armor ignoring damage and a bit of extra healing.
- defensive option with more evasion.
- Much of this build's damage comes from swapping to , as this triggers, followed by. To capitalize on this, you should generally swap out of air immediately or soon after casting Lightning Strike into any other attunement, get a Fresh Air proc and jump back into Air Attunement.
- Recharging Air: to take advantage of you need to score a critical hit. The fastest way to do it on attunements with slower skill is to start channel the air autoattackjust before leaving. Swapping attunements doesn't break the channeling and Arc Lightning is almost guaranteed to critically hit at least once.
- should usually be used while infor the Immobilize, which makes it harder to avoid your burst. Alternatively, castwhile still inthen switch over to Earth before the projectile hits - this will root the target and you can get back into Air without skipping a beat as Arcane Blast is always a critical hit. With 1.5k range this is also your best ranged option.
- This build can self-stack might by blasting the fire field created by . Do not prioritize might-stacking, but do take advantage of the incidental opportunities which arise. Your blast finishers are:
- The build's most dangerous above 90% HP where the andbonuses are active. These bonuses are active in any attunement, but to maximize bursts most of your hard hitting abilities should go off while attuned to Air to benefit fromand.
Notable burst combos
These are some potential combos you can use based on the techniques outlined above. The quicker you pull these chains off, the better.
- (optional, easy to avoid so use it only when the target is CC'd or downed)
- - optional:right at your target before Phoenix Goes off
- - swap to this just before Phoenix and Arcane Blast are about to land
- - projectile must land right before attuning to Air to get the Immobilize
- +right at your target before the trident goes off
- just before Shatterstone and Water Trident does damage
- makes it easy to kite most specs. Avoid melee range at all costs!
- CCs can be used for shaking off pursuers.
- andprovide excellent protection against enemies who use projectiles. These however do not work against unblockable projectiles, and some ranged builds - such as this one - are mostly unaffected by projectile reflects and blocks.
- is the build's best condition cleanse which can also be used while stunned.
- gives invincibility for a short while, and can be used to survive bursts or to create a window where you can pressure targets in the ehat of battle without any hinderance.
- Regeneration applications remove conditions.