Elementalist - S/F Fresh air roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
S/F Fresh Air is a WvW roaming build which focuses on burst damage whilst avoiding damage by utilizing superspeed, projectile hate and invulnerabilities to make up for its squishiness.
- The ratio of Marauder and Berserker's gear can be changed based on personal preferences. More experienced players can replace some Marauder pieces with Berserker ones.
There are plenty of viable choices:
- - highest damage option.
- - damage and extra vitality in case you're not comfortable with the current HP.
- - armor ignoring damage and a bit of extra healing.
- defensive option with more evasion.
- The build revolves around the trait . Your goal is to keep dropping in an out ofevery few seconds and burst targets with,plus whatever other skills/procs you can weave in from other sources.
- strikes several times and will continue to be channeled even after swapping attunements. Starting the channel in Air then entering another attunement is one of the best and most consistent ways of triggering.
- There are many skills you can precast (such as or) before swapping back to Air - you do the most damage while attuned to Air so make sure you're in the right attunement before the damage goes off.
- should usually be used while infor the Immobilize, which makes it harder to avoid your burst. Alternatively, castwhile still inthen switch over to Earth before the projectile hits - this will root the target and you can get back into Air without skipping a beat as Arcane Blast is always a critical hit. With 1.5k range this is also your best ranged option.
- andcan both be used to procor add additional burst if needed.
- You're most dangerous above 90% health (which is easiest to exploit with a good opening burst). Both andsignificantly boost your damage above the health threshold.
S/F relies heavily on avoiding damage
- Utilize the Superspeed from to avoid damage from melee attackers. Use abilities that don't require facing your target to keep full speed while delivering damage.
- is the most defensive of attunements. The two most notable skills are:
- is a strong instant condition cleanse which also reflects projectiles.
- makes you immune to hostile skills and condition damage.
- is your second most defensive attunement. This one can cleanse conditions and heal you:
- Attuning to Water heals via and applies Regeneration, which cleanses 1 condition thanks to.
- has more or less the same results as attuning to Water if you throw it at your feet.
- Attuning to Water heals via
- andare mostly about offense, but have some defensive skills as well:
- provides instant access to Blind even while stunned.
- is an excellent anti-projectile skill.
- cleanses a condition.
A few examples for getting started. Try to sync your skills in a way that all the damage lands roughly at the same time!
- This one is rather hard to execute though as it realies on your opponent completely being out of defensive CDs.
- Combining withfollowed by the usual Air rotation during the quarter second cast-time of phoenix is your highest dps burst combo. It is however a bit risky sinceis one of your most important defensive cooldowns.