Engineer - Basic Engineer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A very basic Engineer build which can be a great starting point for those that do not have any of the expansions. This build can hold its own in most open world situations and is very easy to play.
- Healing Skills
- - lateral alternative
- - strong heal with CC
- Utility Skills
- - ranged alternative to .
- - for getting around faster.
- - for tagging mobs in group events with .
- Elite Skills
- - if you need stability or heavy crowd control.
- - defense at the cost of damage
- - swiftness at the cost of damage
Alchemy can replace Tools for a bit more defense at the cost of damage
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
This set uses gear similar to Holosmith - Power Rifle DPS, making it a good choice for general PvE.
- - budget DPS for when solo
- - budget DPS
- - extra defense
- Knight's , Soldier - can be mixed in for extra defense
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- This food assists with more difficult content, such as bosses or bounties. Ascended versions of these are available and should be used when possible.
- - permanent Fury when farming trash or with a zerg
- - extreme sustain when farming trash or with a zerg
- - a huge boost to damage whenf arming trash or in a zerg
- , - DPS food
- , - Defense and Might
- - Lifesteal
- , , - Damage Reduction Food
- , - Damage
- Most of the time you should be in using and .
- and deal very high damage. You should use them at the start of each fight before going into .
- You can precast for more burst damage.
- If you're comfortable with a more difficult rotation, you can dip out of every 9 seconds to use (and if available) before returning to .
- is worth using for damage. However, be aware that will launch enemies in all directions, making them more difficult for yourself and nearby players to cleave.
- Use and for boons whenever available. You can at your feet for more boons.
- If you can't stay in melee, you can use . If you plan to stay ranged for the whole fight consider slotting for higher damage.
- and can be used to continuously blind enemies.
- can be used to get out of trouble.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- Use to cleanse conditions and top yourself off. You can pick it up for a cooldown reduction, or detonate it to blast the water field for more healing. is another blast finisher you can use.
- Never leave your Healing Turret out: the healing you get from the passive regeneration is worse than if you pick it up and put it down again.
- and provide a small amount of healing.
- provides a light field that you can blast to cleanse conditions.