Engineer - Basic Engineer
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Focused on: Strike damage
A very basic power based Engineer build which can be a great starting point for those that do not have any of the expansions. This build can hold its own in most open world situations and is very easy to play.
- Healing Skills
- - lateral alternative
- - strong heal with CC
- Utility Skills
- - ranged alternative to .
- - for getting around faster.
- - for tagging mobs in group events with .
- Elite Skills
- - if you need stability or heavy crowd control.
- - defense at the cost of damage
- - swiftness at the cost of damage
Alchemy can replace Tools for a bit more defense at the cost of damage
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats. This set uses gear similar to Build:Holosmith_-_Power_Rifle_DPS, making it a good choice for general PvE.
- - budget DPS for when solo
- - budget DPS
- - extra defense
- Knight - can be mixed in for extra defense
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions. Budget versions of these foods exist and are acceptable.
- - farming
- , - DPS
- - defense
- (and variants) - farming
- , - dps
- Most of the time you should be in using and .
- and deal very high damage. You should use them at the start of each fight before going into .
- You can precast for more burst damage.
- If you're comfortable with a more difficult rotation, you can dip out of every 9 seconds to use (and if available) before returning to .
- is worth using for damage. However, be aware that will launch enemies in all directions, making them more difficult for yourself and nearby players to cleave.
- Use and for boons whenever available. You can at your feet for more boons.
- If you can't stay in melee, you can use . If you plan to stay ranged for the whole fight consider slotting for higher damage.
- and can be used to continuously blind enemies.
- can be used to get out of trouble.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- Use to cleanse conditions and top yourself off. You can pick it up for a cooldown reduction, or detonate it to blast the water field for more healing. is another blast finisher you can use.
- Never leave your Healing Turret out: the healing you get from the passive regeneration is worse than if you pick it up and put it down again.
- and provide a small amount of healing.
- provides a light field that you can blast to cleanse conditions.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade