Engineer - Celestial Flamethrower Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This WvW roaming build has good survivability, sustain, mobility, passive might stacking, a good amount of condi cleanses, both condition and power damage, Lots of cc and other utilities.
- . Other options are , and .
There is no main rotation, you will have to get creative. Every opponent demands a different play style. (Kiting and ccing builds/weapon sets that can't hit you from range is generally a good idea).
- High damage dealing skills are:
- Interrupting stomps or resses can be done with: and ( doesn't interrupt but you can used it preemptively before you start to stomp or ress)
- Conditions can actively be cleansed by: (2/15s) (2/16s) (1/23s) (1/84s) (1/83s) and (1/9s) ( (1/15s) and (1/32s) also remove conditions ).
- Might stacking: You will get between 5 to 10 might stacks passively by just fighting thanks to + and .
- -This skill is a launch so it can also cc downed bodies (good to interrupt a ressing attemp by a foe who has stability). The self knockback of this skill can push yourself through anything. So when you are caught in a dragonhunter's or you can easily launch yourself to the outside. This skill also clears soft cc (cripple, immobilize and chill) Thanks to this combined with it's self knockback using this skill is the best way to get out off an (dont forget to detarget your enemy because if he is out of your line of sight the skill will fail and go on a 4 second cooldown). Sometimes it's best to use your stunbreaker to get out of the self knockback (or a reflected ) then to wait out the self cc.
- - The Jump shots (16s cd) leap finisher is best used in combination with 's (17s cd) water field for an extra 1750 healing (blast finishers give 1550 healing). You can cancel the aftercast (landing animation and damage) by first switching to a kit and then switching back to your rifle while still in the air, this will increase the distance that you can travel with this skill especially while on decending terrain.
- - Use flame jet when the enemy is using reflection, shoots through obstacles just like which is handy when an enemy is trying to get out of the line of sight by hiding behind obstacles. Soloing towers and keeps become easier when you kite the npcs around a pillar. It is also way stronger then and .
- - Try to make the fire ball pass through your enemy before detonating (manually or automatically)(this hard hitting skill with low cooldown has to be used alot!).
- - This skill reflects for 1 second. Use it to reflect half of the arrows from when used by power rangers. Using this skill on a foe who already has the burning condition on him will add another 2 stacks of burning to that foe.
- - Can be thrown on downed players , used for might stacking and clearing camps.
- - Use this to secure stomps or to make strong and highly telegraphed attacks miss.(can be activated while stunned)
- - Try to use this skill after the enemy has used most of his condition cleanses or against a necro when he is in death shroud (least likely to get the conditions transfered back to you since the necro can't reach his utility skills. Conditions will either burn away his life force or when he decides to leave death shroud just moa or cc him. The burning is only applied when doing DIRECT damage to the enemy (not condition damage or cc, ... ). A Nice way to apply the burning to a blocking enemy is making him walk over the unblockable acid pool from and then activating .
- - Try to use this skill when near full health to maximize the gained health increase. When you get activating the number 1 skill sends out 3 bolts wich each can bounce 3 times so it becomes stronger the more enemies are around. By forcefully ending the transformation you can use without being knocked back yourself due to the stability that hasn't disappeared yet.
- - This skill is great for knocking people out of their transformation, neutralize bursts, ressing and stomping attempts. When a necro has a health pool (red bar) of under 10% and turns or trying to use his life force pool (green bar) to tank some extra damage just moa him (forces him out of his transformation and kill him without having to deplete his life force pool.
- - Use this before the enemy is going to heal or to remove conditions on allies.
- - Used as blast finisher in water or fire field, kiting, pressuring downed players. The backward leap can be canceled by switching to rifle right after using .
- - When you use a blast finisher in the light field of this skill, you produce an AOE condition cleans.
- - Try to pick the turret back up after the () to maximize the healing and conditions cleansing you can get in a certain time period. If you can't pick it up, make sure to detonate the turret (blast finisher) in the water field of followed up with other blast or leap finishers if needed.
- .- This skill will always fly over the ground no mather how bad the terrain is. (no worries about it getting blocked by hills)
- .- If you are out of combat and you see enemies trying to attack you, you can stay out of combat (needed to waypoint away) by blocking all attacks with gear shield giving you 2 seconds time to open your map and waypoint away. When you are blocking you can still swap to other kits to proc Sigil of Cleansing and cleans a condition (handy to cleans soft cc)), you can also swap to the flamethrower kit and use (this will not interfere with your block).
- .- This skill often fails when used right after a ground targeting skill like . When you see the white beam animation the skill is most likely going to succeed but if you dont see that beam you might as well cancel the skill because it's going to fail then. An exeption to this is when an enemy has gone into stealth (I believe you wont see the beam either then) while you were channeling this skill. The stealthed enemy will still be pulled. Its a good idea to use a well timed (or other attack) when you believe the pull has completed and the stealthed enemy is right infront of your feet.
- Disable "Autotargeting" in the settings.
- Enable "Lock ground target at maximum Skill Range".
- Set "Ground Targeting" on "Instant" or "Fast with Range Indicator" to increase the speed of your gameplay.
- Bind "Swap Weapons" to an easy to reach key (you will use this key to instantly swap back to your rifle).
- Bind "About Face" to a key so you can instantly turn 180° wich is handy if you want to use to leap forwards.
- When you get feared try to kit swap as fast as possible because sigil of cleansing can break you out of it.
- Learn to do jump rolls (dodging while jumping). When you have cripple or chill on you this will make you travel farther than when you do a normal dodge roll.
- When trying to get out of an and your is on cooldown your next best trick is dodging while using a condition cleans, using while standing in the light field of might also succeed.
- YouTube: Video