Engineer - Elixir Bomber
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- An Engineer build for PvE players without the Path of Fire expansion. This build is easy to play and deals high damage, making it a good starting point for players learning Engineer. Experienced Engineer players who are interested in unlocking the whole potential of the class can instead play Engineer - Toolbox Bomber.
- Healing Skills
- Elixir H - strong alternative if you don't need condition cleanse.
- Utility Skills
- Grenade Kit - ranged alternative to Bomb Kit.
- Rocket Boots - for getting around faster.
- Flamethrower - for tagging mobs in group events with Flame Jet.
- Elite Skills
- Elixir X - if you need stability or heavy crowd control.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses the same gear as the Holosmith - Power DPS build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- provides high sustain at the cost of damage.
- For a tankier option you can run this mix of Marauder and Valkyrie stats. You lose about 10% damage but your health is increased by over 40%.
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- Most of the time you should be in Bomb Kit using Fire Bomb and Bomb.
- Jump Shot and Blunderbuss deal very high damage. You should use them at the start of each fight before going into Bomb Kit.
- Big Ol' Bomb is worth using for damage. However, be aware that Big Ol' Bomb will launch enemies in all directions, making them more difficult for yourself and nearby players to cleave.
- Use Elixir B and Elixir U for boons whenever available. You can Toss Elixir B at your feet for more boons.
- If you can't stay in melee, you can use Elite Mortar Kit. If you plan to stay ranged for the whole fight consider slotting Grenade Kit for higher damage.
- Smoke Bomb and Flash Shell can be used to continuously blind enemies.
- Jump Shot can be used to get out of trouble.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- Use Healing Turret to cleanse conditions and top yourself off. You can pick it up for a cooldown reduction, or detonate it to blast the water field for more healing. Big Ol' Bomb is another blast finisher you can use.
- Never leave your Healing Turret out: the healing you get from the passive regeneration is worse than if you pick it up and put it down again.
- Regenerating Mist and Elixir Shell provide a small amount of healing.
- Flash Shell provides a light field that you can blast to cleanse conditions.