Engineer - Elixir Bomber
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- An Engineer build for PvE players without the Path of Fire expansion. This build is easy to play and deals high damage, making it a good starting point for players learning Engineer. Experienced Engineer players who are interested in unlocking the whole potential of the class can instead play Engineer - Toolbox Bomber.
- Healing Skills
- - strong alternative if you don't need condition cleanse.
- Utility Skills
- - ranged alternative to .
- - for getting around faster.
- - for tagging mobs in group events with .
- Elite Skills
- - if you need stability or heavy crowd control.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses the same gear as the Holosmith - Power DPS build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set.
Marauder / Open World Variant
- For a tankier option you can run the Marauder Variant. You will lose some damage but gain a moderate boost to health. This variant is recommended for most Open World players.
- - You can replace this set with 6 "Assassin" and 6 "Valkyrie" pieces as well if you don't have access to "Marauder" gear.
You can check our Guide on Gear Variants to find good alternatives for this build! Open World Gear Variants Summary
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- ,,- general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- Most of the time you should be in using and .
- and deal very high damage. You should use them at the start of each fight before going into .
- You can precast for more burst damage.
- If you're comfortable with a more difficult rotation, you can dip out of every 9 seconds to use (and if available) before returning to .
- is worth using for damage. However, be aware that will launch enemies in all directions, making them more difficult for yourself and nearby players to cleave.
- Use and for boons whenever available. You can at your feet for more boons.
- If you can't stay in melee, you can use . If you plan to stay ranged for the whole fight consider slotting for higher damage.
- and can be used to continuously blind enemies.
- can be used to get out of trouble.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- Use to cleanse conditions and top yourself off. You can pick it up for a cooldown reduction, or detonate it to blast the water field for more healing. is another blast finisher you can use.
- Never leave your Healing Turret out: the healing you get from the passive regeneration is worse than if you pick it up and put it down again.
- and provide a small amount of healing.
- provides a light field that you can blast to cleanse conditions.