Engineer - Flamethrower Farmer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- This engineer build is an excellent entry in the arena of Open World Farming for those without the Heart of Thorns or Path of Fire expansions, or those who just want to play engineer. It primarily focuses on dealing high area damage with Burning. This build does well at farming in a zerg and Tagging enemies.
- can be used if standing still for a while.
- - can replace to tag more mobs.
- - trades long-range tagging for more local tagging.
Scrapper and Holosmith Variants
You can replace Tools with either Scrapper or Holosmith. Use the traitlines below:
- Run instead of
- Ascended gear is not required; exotics will work fine.
- You can change your trinkets to Dire/Rabid mix for a massive boost to survivability without a large hit to your damage.
- You can run full Sinister or Grieving gear if you have access to it.
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- is a fantastic food for farming open world. It's cheap, provides a moderate boost to both damage and survivability, and increases magic find significantly.
- is a great option when you do not need any extra damage or sustain.
- is a cheap and efficient option.
- Spam or to tag mobs for loot (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
- Place and to passively tag more enemies and get more loot.
- 's attacks will count as tags resulting in more loot.
- Use to get around quickly.
- Your highest damage skills are , , , , and all your flamethrower skills (other than ). Use these skills whenever available and fill in the gaps with .
- comes off cooldown after every second ; use its cooldown as a reminder of when to swap back to pistol.
- Note that knocks enemies away. Try not to knock them out of your own or , or out of the attacks of nearby players. Don't be that engineer.
- doesn't do much damage but blinds enemies when placed, making it useful for avoiding damage. You can also use , , and to blind enemies.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- You can pick up for a cooldown reduction, or detonate it to blast the water field for more healing. and are additional blast finishers you can use.
- Never leave your Healing Turret out: the healing you get from the passive regeneration is worse than if you pick it up and put it down again.
- if running it