Engineer - Flamethrower Gadgeteer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- This engineer build is an excellent entry in the arena of Open World Farming for those without the Heart of Thorns or Path of Fire expansions, or those who just want to play engineer. It primarily focuses on dealing high area damage with Burning.
- can be used if standing still for a while.
- - can replace to tag more mobs.
- - trades long-range tagging for more local tagging.
- Ascended gear is not required; exotics will work fine.
You can check our Guide on Gear Variants to find good alternatives for this build! Open World Gear Variants Summary
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- ,,- general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- Spam or to tag mobs for loot (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
- Place and to passively tag more enemies and get more loot.
- 's attacks will count as tags resulting in more loot.
- Use to get around quickly.
- Your highest damage skills are , , , , and all your flamethrower skills (other than ). Use these skills whenever available and fill in the gaps with .
- comes off cooldown after every second ; use its cooldown as a reminder of when to swap back to pistol.
- Note that knocks enemies away. Try not to knock them out of your own or , or out of the attacks of nearby players. Don't be that engineer.
- doesn't do much damage but blinds enemies when placed, making it useful for avoiding damage. You can also use , , and to blind enemies.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- You can pick up for a cooldown reduction, or detonate it to blast the water field for more healing. and are additional blast finishers you can use.
- Never leave your Healing Turret out: the healing you get from the passive regeneration is worse than if you pick it up and put it down again.
- if running it