Engineer - Harvester
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This Engineer build is focused on being the best possible node harvester for the lowest possible effort.
- 100% 'passive' uptime on Stability to avoid interuptions, and Quickness to reduce harvesting time by 50% (see usage notes)
- Easy access to Stealth, Swiftness for moving between nodes if you get stuck in combat
- Surprisingly decent damage for a non-combat build if you do get stuck with enemies
- Mounting can occasionally mess with your Might generation, preventing Quickness from being permanent, this will fix itself once has recharged, or you can pop to bump it up.
- With no buffs to toughness or vitality, you end up with only 14k health and are a bit squishy, although you can pop to escape if you need to.
- Burns through harvesting tools if you don't have permanent ones ;-P
Only and are required for the build to funtion, everything else can be changed based on personal preference.
/ can replace if you really want to avoid combat.
Only ,, and are required for the build to funtion, everything else can be changed based on personal preference.
The goal is to get Concentration as high as possible, +97% boon duration is the minimum, but even over 100% boon duration it's still worth going higher depending on what you harvest, as this has an effect when scaled down below lvl 80.
Because you want to build up materials while keeping your gold intact.
Armor is crafted Exotic Mist Shard pieces (recipies from Dragonfall Achievements) at 1-2g each.
Weapons are Awakened Shield/Pistol, which can be aquired for ~18s each on the TP.
Trinkets are from living world vendors.
is nice to have, as it triggers on equipping/unequipping , making it a handy instant condi removal.
is also useful if the nodes you're harvesting get infested with trash mobs.
Because you're rich enough to want the best of the best, but stubborn enough that you want to harvest your own materials.
Consumables are totally unnecessary in level 80 areas, although is so cheap as to be a no-brainer for boosting concentration at lower levels.
- for 100 concentration & 70 power at a cost of a few copper.
- for +40% magic find with your Concentration for a few silver more.
- to squeeze some extra concentration out of your power & precision.
- Set to auto-attack with ctrl + right-click (GW2 will remember this, so you only need to do this once)
- Harvest Stuff
Use / if you need Swiftness + Vigor + Regeneration to help get out of combat
Use for 18s of Stealth
Use if you need more swiftness / want to end combat with 'aggressive negotiations'
How it Works
This build uses an engine of self triggering boons at +100% boon duration to chain sustainable Quickness, with all the other boons becoming benefitial side effects.
- + maintain 8x Might and 2x Stability
- Thanks to , on auto-attack provides Quickness for 14.5s every 32 seconds (45% of required uptime), plus extra Stability and Vigor.
- grants 10s Might every time you gain Stability, this eventualy sustains another 10 stacks, with regular trigger refreshes.
- grants 6s of Quickness every 10s thanks to maintaining over 10 stacks of Might.
- The end result is 105% Quickness uptime at +100% boon duration.