Engineer - Power DPS
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Variant of Holosmith - Power DPS. This build doesn't use any expansions and is available with the free version of the game. However it is strictly inferior to Holosmith - Power DPS and should only be used by players who don't have Path of Fire.
- A.E.D. for additional CC from the tool belt skill, or for soloing Thaumanova heat room with the heal.
- Rifle Turret can be swapped out for any of the following:
- Elixir U if quickness uptime is poor.
- Elixir Gun for condition cleanse and better cleave with Acid Bomb.
- Throw Mine if boon removal is needed.
- Rocket Boots for mobility.
- Elixir S for stealth on tool belt.
- Explosive Descent if might uptime is low or you can’t stay over 75% health.
- Shrapnel in long fights without adds.
- Pinpoint Distribution if there are 2 or more condition DPS players who can benefit from the buff.
- Reactive Lenses for a stun break.
- Streamlined Kits for out-of-combat swiftness.
- Adrenal Implant if you need more dodges.
- instead ofin night time dungeons/fractals.
- Specific enemy damage bonus Sigil in dungeons with one enemy type.
- for example for Arah.
- for example
- for encounters without breakbars.
Engineer has a lot of skills, the DPS rotation depends heavily on your alacrity uptime. Though the general idea of a good engineer rotation can be boiled down to using your highest damaging skills off cooldown.
- Surprise Shot
- Big Ol' Bomb
- Grenade Barrage
- Shrapnel Grenade
- Jump Shot
- Poison Grenade
- Freeze Grenade
- Use these skills whenever they recharge.
Use your bomb auto-attack to fill in the gaps:
As a a fight opener you can use:
- Swap to Rocket Boots for additional movement speed if you know you wont be put into combat in the next 20 seconds.
- Use Jump Shot for additional movement.
- You can swap to a kit and back to rifle before the end of the leap to increase the leap distance slightly and to cancel the damage upon landing to avoid being put into combat.
- Swap to Elixir Gun and use Acid Bomb in reverse for additional movement.
- These skills will put you in combat if you hit enemies, which will negate any advantage from using them, so avoid using them when there's enemies close.
- Use Smoke Bomb in combination with blast finisher skills such as Big Ol' Bomb Orbital Strike Detonate Healing Turret Flame Blast Acid Bomb to stealth the group.
Once you Trigger certain Mob Groups while in Stealth they will follow you unless you "Path" them. This is done by standing Still until the Mobs reach you. For further information check out this:
- Use Big Ol' Bomb and swap Bomb Kit to Flamethrower
- Place Napalm on top of the placed Big Ol' Bomb
- Move so you are standing inside Napalm and are aiming into the length of the line.
- Use Flame Blast and Detonate Flame Blast
- Use Orbital Strike
- Use Acid Bomb and cancel the leap.
- Place Healing Turret and Detonate Healing Turret
- Swap to shield and use Magnetic Inversion, then swap back to rifle.
- Swap Grenade Kit to Thumper Turret
- Use the toolbelt skill Rumble and swap Thumper Turret back to Grenade Kit
- Use Flame Blast and Detonate Flame Blast again.
- You can pick the turret up for a 5 second cooldown reduction, or use
- When choosing to
- When choosing to
- Air Blast reflects projectiles for a short duration and is nice for positioning mobs to your desire with a knockback.
- Use Smoke Bomb and Flash Shell to blind trash mobs.
Toolbelt skills have many intricacies to them as they can be used without the utility going on cooldown. This allows you to swap a utility in and out purely for its toolbelt skill:
- Elixir. Toss Elixir B at a location, granting stability and one of the following boons to allies: fury, might, retaliation, or swiftness.3Stability (4s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared, or taunted.