Engineer - Seeker's Explosives
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A ranged engineer build, based on dealing tons of damages from afar boosted by high boon uptime.
- instead of - The mortar kit is very strong for various reasons: the water field, a blast finisher, a big slow field and a poison one for reducing healing on downed targets. However Elixir X is fun to play with: the Tornado Form has some fun cc's (for situation with many downed targets you don't want to be revived) and the Rampager offers high damage burst.
If you choose this variant you will lack somewhat of tankiness, and you're going to need to swap the with the . The Elixir Gun replaces very well the Mortar Kit: it even brings more utility to the table (due its ability to clear condi from your allies); however it could not fit the original setup, because you don't really need another ranged weapon (you are using the Rifle) and the Elixir S gives you the unavoidable stomp/revive potential + survivability that the absence of the Scrapper specialization causes to the Engineer.
- - Allows you to benefit more from Mortar's fields and Orbital Strike at the cost of damage and pressure from grenades.
- http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scrapper_-_Diviner%27s_Quickness) : on THAT one the Diviner makes totally sense, but this build is more crit-orientated, so a 56% crit chance is not to waste, the 100% instead of 72% boon duration is simply not worth in our case.
- This build is a more "Classic" variant to the Diviner Scrapper build I linked above: if you miss the old engi and the explosives, that's your build. Of course this build is not in the meta: stronger builds are going to bully you if you don't know how to properly outplay them. You will notice how the sinergy of this build is not really 100% perfect, but it still has its old fashioned style of playing, which makes it very fun, and if you are tired of the hammer (I know, it's hard to get tired of it, but sometimes it happens).
- The build is based on dealing damage from afar: if you are thinking of going in the middle of the fight spamming grenades change build just close the page and forget it. You need to play this build somewhat like a necromancer: you stay away from fights unleashing storms of grenades to nuke down your targets. Remember to use your HGH procs to stack might before entering the fight. Of course people are going to chase you, and that's why you have your Elixir S, your water fields' healing, your slow fields and your rifle to kite them.
- Using your with stability will knock back your opponent while NOT knocking you back too.
- Use your right after to prevent your enemy from dodging the skill. Aim the center of the skillshot right on him to deal the most damage out of the ability. It hurts. A lot.
- Your is a water field, so if you press the Healing Skill's button twice and then you'll get a bonus area healing (note that you need to press twice the button very fast, otherwise the water field will proc a second later, making the turret explode without giving you the bonus healing, which is a waste of cooldown).
- You get bonus healing even if you shoot your or in the 's water field (which also gives you might, for the record).
Timing these abilities wisely can grant you a lot of sustain that, considering your 15k hp, is going to help a lot.
- Thieves for their high burst/chase potential
- Power Berkerkers (they simply oneshot you)