Engineer - Soldier Rifle
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Successor of the Celestial Rifle build, now using Soldier Amulet. Decent sustain, mobility, CC, and damage. Using the provided variants this can be converted into an Elixir build.
- For the elite skill slot take for a chance to gain Rampage. Its toolbelt skillcan also be used to shut down enemy transforms such asor.
- Use for the Elixir variant.
- Use for the Elixir variant.
- Use for the Elixir variant.
For the Elixir build you should take Tools instead of Inventions:
- allows you to interrupt enemy players by simply usingfollowed by.
- is great for disrupting enemy res attempts (also for decapping). If the resurrector has Stability simply use this skill on the downed enemy to knock them out of range. In an 1v1 scenario you can use the same method to push enemies off the capture point, which opens the opportunity to cap it without performing a stomp so you can leave your enemy bleeding out, robbing precious time from your opponent.
- Also removes soft-CC effects such as Immobilize.
- This skill triggers - and wastes - Reactive Lenses. Avoid doing so by using it in the trait's cooldown or combining it with stability.
- The best skills to use with
- andon Rifle.
- on Toolkit.
- Cast the skill, and just before it does the damage, swap to another kit. The skill casting won't get interrupted and the weapon swap will trigger the sigil (unless it's on CD).
- These skills are hard to land, so try to use them after a ,orpull.
- (Toolkit's toolbelt skill) is a projectile finisher, for instance you can use it in a Water Field in order to gain Regeneration. This skill also does decent damage and hits foes twice - once when you throw it and again on its way back.
- The burst for the Elixir variant is different: Use in order to avoid the self knocback of, then usein the direction your enemy is being knocked and immediatly switch to grenades and then back to rifle (you will proc sigil of Intelligence and Strenght and strenghten your burst),,and. After this useto slow your enemy and make it easier to land other grenades. This rotation will consume many of your cooldowns but deliver great damage, make sure to interrupt it if your enemy stun breaks out of it. Gfycat:How to burst
Making a 2nd healing skill
- You can use Water Fields provided by or your healing skill () and also its toolbelt skill () to gain some additional healing. Skills you can use for the combo:
- on Rifle.
- which is the Elite Mortar Kit's toolbelt skill.
Tool kit basics: Toolkit is a very handy set once you learn to use it, the main reason to take it is not the damage.
- - the bleed damage you get from it is insignificant, but it's good for crippling enemies
- - the 5 stacks of confusion this skill applies is just great and the skill's damage also scales well with Power, tho it can be difficult to land, therefore people usually use it after a Magnet pull.
- - a low CD block, this skill will save your life many many times, one of the main reasons to take this kit.
- - it can be used for more than just setting up a hit with Pry Bar, for instance if used at the right spot, the engineer can pull people to really unwanted places: at Temple of the Silent Storm it's possible pull people into the pit at the upper buff, pull others to glass panels on Skyhammer, or from a window at Kyhlo's Clocktower pull a bunker onto the stairs from the cap point, often forcing another member of the enemy to stand on the point until the bunker climbs back or giving enough time to one of your teammates to decap the point (even better, you can just leap to the node with Jump Shot). It's also Unblockable and if you can predict a guardian'sor just get lucky, you can interrupt it, which send their heal on full CD without healing them.
Elixir X basics:
- wile using Moa usually means taking down an enemy fast, the shorter duration of this Moa make it a skill useful for other situations:
- Being AoE, it can take out pressure on teamfights
- Actions started before you become a Moa will continue, but once you are a Moa you won't be able to make actions. This mean you can prevent enemies from ressing, stomping or communing.
- It will overwrite enemy transformations, such as or
- This skill has different usage depending on what you'll be transformed into. Both transformations will be overwritten by. Don't use it if you're low on HP.
- : Defenetily the best of the two forms. Usese it offensively to turn a fight on your favor. Try not to focus enemies with Stability.
- : Most of the time if you get Tornado you should quit the transform. You can useimmediately after you exit this form in order to deliver a stability show, avoiding the self knockback.
Chaining Skills: Engineer have access to many different kits and therefore different skills. In order to obtain an optimal rotation, you must be able to chain skills. You can switch between your kits/weapons while channeling a skill, saving up time that would otherwise be wasted waiting for the weapon switch. In order to make this work, it is necessary that you never use your weapon switch button, or drop bundle, but instead press the same button you use to equip your kit, or stow button. If not done correctly, it will interrupt your skills. For example:
- drop your Tool Kit as you use in order to immediately use
- you can drop your Tool Kit as you use to stop the block earlier and surprise your enemies (they will be waiting for it do end) with an offensive skills.
- Heavy Condition pressure.
- Heavy CC.
- YouTube: Teldo's in-depth Healing Turret guide
- ignores line of sight. It can be used to hit targets through walls and other obstacles.
- If you only need a little healing or want to have more frequent condition cleansing, you can deploy then useand pick it up again, instead of using. This reduces the healing, but also the cooldown.