Firebrand - Burning Tome
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Firebrand build for running around in open world. This build inflicts massive amounts of AoE Burning and excels at all three aspects of open world (Events, Solo Content, and Tagging).
- Your second weapon set is fairly flexible. Scepter/Focus is suggested because it deals high damage and provides an emergency block in . Depending on what you need, you can run Hammer (crowd control), Greatsword (mobility and a pull), or Sword (mobility and projectile defense).
- Utility Skills
- - can replace if Vulnerability is already maxed out by other players.
- - more condition cleanse.
- - Blind on demand.
- or - more crowd control.
- or - if projectiles are a problem.
- Elite Skills
- - in long fights where you can't proc much.
- if not running axe.
- - if not running scepter.
- - if not running spirit weapons.
- or - also good options if running Optimal or Carrion Variant.
- You can take Virtues instead of Zeal for more sustained damage through burning procs from . This trait line is useful in group events where the Vulnerability from Zeal is likely to overcap.
- - if running or other consecrations.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Firebrand - Condi DPS build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set.
- The Grieving Variant provides higher burst damage than the standard variant and is recommended for players that do not care about raids or fractals.
- You can use Carrion stats as a cheaper alternative to Viper or Grieving, or if you prefer having more health. You lose some burst damage, but in exchange your health is almost doubled.
- ,, orfor damage.
- Can't find such food "super veggie pizza"! Please refer to our food index. for an extremely cheap expertise food.
- for more healing.
- is a fantastic food for farming open world. It's cheap, provides a moderate boost to both damage and survivability, and increases magic find significantly.
- is a great option when you do not need any extra damage or sustain.
- is a cheap and efficient option.
- is the main source of your damage, and it resets whenever you kill an enemy thanks to . Camp in it spamming
- If there are nearby allies you can use
- If there's nothing to kill to reset , you can use to reset it.
- Before going into , you should always try to place . You should also throw out a as it provides Vulnerability to make your burst damage hit harder.
- Use off cooldown except for the last charge.
- If everything you have is on cooldown, fill with axe skills.
- Never interrupt your axe autoattack chain, as all the damage is loaded in the last hit.
- Use and to block incoming attacks.
- and can be used to chain CC groups of enemies.
- has many good defensive skills. You can go into it and press a few skills (including Recalling the memory of heroes past, enchant nearby allies with formidable defenses.Stability (5s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- You have a lot of small heals in and .
- Always press
- Always press
- To cleanse conditions, you can use or
- (traited with )