Firebrand - Burning Tome
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Firebrand build for running around in open world. This build inflicts massive amounts of AoE Burning.
- Your second weapon set is fairly flexible. Scepter/Focus is suggested because it deals high damage and provides an emergency block in . Depending on what you need, you can run Hammer (crowd control), Greatsword (mobility and a pull), or Sword (mobility and projectile defense).
- Utility Skills
- - can replace if Vulnerability is already maxed out by other players.
- - more condition cleanse.
- - Blind on demand.
- or - more crowd control.
- or - if projectiles are a problem.
- Elite Skills
- - in long fights where you can't proc much.
- if not running axe.
- - if not running scepter.
- - if not running spirit weapons.
- or - also good options if running Optimal or Carrion Variant.
- You can take Virtues instead of Zeal for more sustained damage through burning procs from . This trait line is useful in group events where the Vulnerability from Zeal is likely to overcap.
- - if running or other consecrations.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Firebrand - Condi DPS build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set.
- Runes - ,
- The Grieving Variant provides higher burst damage than the standard variant and is recommended for players that do not care about raids or fractals.
- You can use Carrion stats as a cheaper alternative to Viper or Grieving, or if you prefer having more health. You lose some burst damage, but in exchange your health is almost doubled.
You can check our Guide on Gear Variants to find good alternatives for this build! Open World Gear Variants Summary
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- is the main source of your damage, and it resets whenever you kill an enemy thanks to . Camp in it spamming
- If there are nearby allies you can use
- If there's nothing to kill to reset , you can use to reset it.
- Before going into , you should always try to place . You should also throw out a as it provides Vulnerability to make your burst damage hit harder.
- Use off cooldown except for the last charge.
- If everything you have is on cooldown, fill with axe skills.
- Never interrupt your axe autoattack chain, as all the damage is loaded in the last hit.
- Use and to block incoming attacks.
- and can be used to chain CC groups of enemies.
- has many good defensive skills. You can go into it and press a few skills (including Recalling the memory of heroes past, enchant nearby allies with formidable defenses.Stability (5s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- You have a lot of small heals in and .
- Always press
- Always press
- To cleanse conditions, you can use or
- (traited with )