Firebrand - Burning Tome
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Firebrand build for running around in open world. This build inflicts massive amounts of AoE Burning and excels at tagging enemies in group events.
- Your second weapon set is fairly flexible. Scepter/Focus is suggested because it deals high damage and provides an emergency block in Shield of Wrath. Depending on what you need, you can run Hammer (crowd control), Greatsword (mobility and a pull), or Sword (mobility and projectile defense).
- Utility Skills
- Purging Flames - can replace Sword of Justice if Vulnerability is already maxed out by other players.
- Mantra of Lore - more condition cleanse.
- Mantra of Truth - Blind on demand.
- Hammer of Wisdom or Bane Signet - more crowd control.
- Shield of the Avenger or Wall of Reflection - if projectiles are a problem.
- Elite Skills
- Fiery Wrath - if not running scepter.
- Symbolic Avenger - if not running spirit weapons.
- 24px Stalwart Speed or 24px Archivist of Whispers - also good options if running Optimal or Carrion Variant.
- You can take Virtues instead of Zeal for more sustained damage through burning procs from Permeating Wrath. This trait line is useful in group events where the Vulnerability from Zeal is likely to overcap.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Firebrand - Condi DPS build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- You can use Carrion stats as a cheaper alternative to Viper or Grieving, or if you prefer having more health. You lose some burst damage, but in exchange your health is almost doubled.
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- 24px Tome of Justice is the main source of your damage, and it resets whenever you kill an enemy thanks to Renewed Justice. Camp in it spamming
- Before going into 24px Tome of Justice, you should always try to place Symbol of Punishment. You should also throw out a Sword of Justice as it provides Vulnerability to make your burst damage hit harder.
- Use whenever available. Shield of Wrath is also worth using for damage.
- Use Mantra of Flame off cooldown except for the last charge.
- If everything you have is on cooldown, fill with axe skills.
- Never interrupt your axe autoattack chain, as all the damage is loaded in the last hit.
- Use Mantra of Solace and Shield of Wrath to block incoming attacks.
- Wall of Reflection or
- 24px Unrelenting Criticism and Hammer of Wisdom can be used to chain CC groups of enemies.
- Tome of Courage has many good defensive skills. You can go into it and press a few skills (including Recalling the memory of heroes past, enchant nearby allies with formidable defenses.Stability (5s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- You have a lot of small heals in Mantra of Solace and 24px Tome of Resolve.
- Always press
- Always press
- To cleanse conditions, you can use Purging Flames or