Firebrand - Frontline Firebrand
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Frontline firebrand provides a large amount of Stability as well as moderate damage, healing and utility.
- Staff can be used instead of hammer or Mace/Shield to provide a very powerful healing burst and additional might through empowers, on top of its general usefulness through symbols and CC.
- Mantra of Solace slightly lesser but more frequent healing.
- Purging Flames group conditions cleanse.
- Wall of Reflection if projectile hate is needed.
- Contemplation of Purity strong option against personal short time condition overload
- Merciful Intervention A powerful mobility, healing and reviving tool. Extremely effective if used well
- Renewed Focus personal defense option
- Invigorated Bulwark trades rezz proficiency for increased healing output.
- Pure of Voice higher stability uptime but looses personal sustain and healing output.
Swap Virtues to Valor for higher uptime of the Tome of Courage at the cost of group healing and offensive power.
- Communal Defenses excellent passive healing bonus, preferred option if having multiple guards using Valor as Strength in Numbers doesn't stack.
- Altruistic Healing excellent self sustain option but reduces access to the tome.
- Swap Celestial for Crusader's for an easier to obtain stat.
- Minstrel's, Wanderer's and Commander's are good options to add boon duration.
- Marauder is a good option to add damage.
- Cleric's can be used to add healing power.
- good access to constant healing with Mantra of Solace
- highest healing option - good when using several Minstrel's parts
- strong option for GvG
- for Stability and Quickness uptime.
- orfor increased group healing.
- instead of Sigil of Energy. While Selfless Daring outscales the Renewal Sigil at 370+ Healing Power, it can be useful for inexperienced players.
- offensive variant of the damage reduction food.
- good option when requiring more group heal.
- alternative feast option against condition pressure.
- alternative support option, also benefits from other modificators of outgoing healing.
- offensive option.
- Use Renewed Focus to escape damage. Renewed Focus will also refresh your tomes, meaning it is best used when all tomes are on cooldown.
- Use Purging Flames when you are being overwhelmed with conditions. Try to use it during fights and not on regroups, where you may block allies from blasting water fields.
- "Stand Your Ground!" - gives area Stability to help secure stomps/resurrection or mitigate the effectiveness of an enemy CC (try to use SYG proactively, before a bomb). It is only a stun break for yourself, not your party.
- Tome of Courage is your -and your party's- panic stability and area break stun. Use it only after "Stand Your Ground!" is on cooldown and stability it urgently needed.
- Selfless Daring and Pure of Heart make up a significant part of your group healing. Try to use your dodge rolls and aegis skills not only just for personal defense but also when your group requires some healing.
- Tomes will go on full cooldown once stowed so make sure to only pull them out when you can make full use of them.
- Use 24px Tome of Justice on spikes and for general DPS
- Use Epilogue: Ashes of the Just as often as possible for a significant group damage increase.
- On spikes pull enemies in with Chapter 3: Heated Rebuke then follow up with Chapter 4: Scorched Aftermath and Chapter 2: Igniting Burst
- 24px Tome of Resolve brings high healing and condition cleanse.
- Try to use Epilogue: Eternal Oasis before other healing skills to benefit from the increased healing.
- Chapter 4: Shining River creates a Water Field - coordinate with your allies to blast it for healing.
- Use Tome of Courage for its Stability access to fill in gaps between "Stand Your Ground!"
- Chapter 4: Stalwart Stand brings a very strong pulsing Resistance field, make use of it against condition pressure.
- Rotation: Engage with Zealot's Embrace, Virtue of Justice and immediately after use Mighty Blow. Catch enemies with Ring of Warding. Continue autoattacking until Mighty Blow is ready or until you regroup, in which case save Mighty Blow to blast Water Fields.
- Mighty Blow is a blast finisher - use it on combo fields like fire, water, and chill.
- Use Mace/Shield to support your group and create heavy burst CC and healing. The autoattack provides very strong AoE healing.
- Rotation: Autoattack continuously throughout the fight. When bombing the enemy in Mace, use your Symbol of Faith to give an extremely high healing Regeneration plus AoE pressure. Then activate on your shield Shield of Judgment for a burst heal to allies and protection, followed by Protector's Strike for a high damage skill and a small damage mitigation. Either when you see a downed enemy or ally, use Shield of Absorption to push back a res/stomp attempt, either double tapping for a large burst AoE heal or channeling for projectile defense.