Firebrand - Power Mantra Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A high skill cap, high damage WvW Firebrand roamer which smites its foes through mantras and tomes, while maintaining a wide variety of boons.
- If you haven't unlocked the Warclaw mount yet, we recommend that you carry a Staff in your inventory. Stats and rarity are irrelevant, it's only for Symbol of Swiftness which adds much needed mobility while roaming.
- Renewed Focus is an equally viable choice. Makes it easier to survive burst damage or to manage CDs in longer fights, but the loss of the mantra makes it easier to get stunlocked.
- Maintain permanent Retaliation on yourself. This is done primarily through Healer's Retribution, Symbol of Wrath (SoW), and Light Aura granted by using Leap of Faith inside SoW (or any other symbol).
- Writ of Persistence enhances your symbols greatly, making them better at everything. Try to stand in them as much as possible (and make your opponents do the same through hard- and soft-CC).
- Symbol of Blades is the only source of Fury in the build which you'll need along with Retaliation if you wish to have proper crit chance as your gear doesn't provide any.
- There's a 3rd symbol in the build which procs from Protector's Impact - this one can be activated instantly through your healing mantra (even while stunned) and grants Protection, making it an excellent defensive tool. Considering how it's instant, you can also use it offensively for instant AoE damage.
Understanding and mastering mantras is extremely important for both damage and sustain.
- Channel mantras while out of combat, and don't spam them mindlessly. Mantras have 3 charges. The final charge is an empowered version of the "basic" ones, but also sends the entire mantra on CD after which you need to channel it again. Try not to use the last charge unless absolutely necessary, and wait a few seconds between using basic charges of the same mantra, as mantras recover their charges over time (~10 second per charge because of the reduction from 24px Weighty Terms).
- Mantra of Truth charges make excellent fillers and can be combo'd for damage with just about anything.
- Mantra of Potence charges don't have much depth to them.
- Mantra of Solace is your healing skill.
- Mantra of Liberation is the elite skill, and your best tool against CC.
- Whirling Wrath, Zealot's Defense, and Tome of Justice skill #1 are your main burst skills. Be sure to have Retaliation, Fury, Quickness, and a bunch of Might stacks active before using any of them.
- There are several hard hitting skills in the build (not to mention plenty of instant skills as well), which makes for a lot of good combos. Example:
- Whirling Wrath and 24px Potent Haste from range. Optional: if only the final charge remains and you can't use PH, then only 24px Overwhelming Celerity remains. As the final charge of each tome immobilizes targets, use this mantra skill after step 2, not before
- Judge's Intervention immediately to close the gap
- 24px Restoring Reprieve to proc a symbol from Protector's Impact (provided that the trait is not on CD)
- 24px Echo of Truth for damage
Enter your defensive tomes at the first sign of real trouble. Stabilize yourself, wait for weapon and mantra CDs, then drop out and burst the target.
The damage tome
- Ashes of the Just (Skill 5) won't be used.
Healing, cleansing, boon stacking
The tome of emergencies
- Recalling the memory of heroes past, enchant nearby allies with formidable defenses.Stability (5s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.