Firebrand - Quickness Greatsword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Firebrand build for running around in open world. This build deals extremely high burst damage and has excellent defensive skills allowing it to stay alive. Compared to Guardian - Radiant Greatsword, this build has extremely fast burst damage from Quickness and more defensive utility from tomes and mantras; however, it has less consistent Retaliation in longer fights which results in lower damage over time.
- Your second weapon set is fairly flexible. Sword/Focus is suggested because it provides a good mix of defense, AoE damage, and mobility. Depending on what you need, you can run Axe (AoE damage and crowd control), Hammer (crowd control), Scepter (ranged and high damage on bosses), and/or Shield (crowd control and projectile defense).
- Hallowed Ground - grants more retaliation uptime for boss fights.
- Hammer of Wisdom - more crowd control.
- Mantra of Lore - more condition cleanse.
- Mantra of Truth - blinds enemies.
- Shield of the Avenger or Wall of Reflection - if projectiles are a problem.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Dragonhunter - Power DPS build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- provides high sustain at the cost of damage.
- For a tankier alternative, you can run this mix of Marauder and Valkyrie stats. You lose about 8% of your damage (significantly more if you drop retaliation) but have almost 70% increased health.
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- Retaliation is a massive damage boost so you should try to have it up as much as possible. Your main retaliation sources are Symbol of Wrath, Healer's Retribution, and 24px Portent of Freedom. Always make sure you have retaliation before using your high-damage skills (e.g. by casting Symbol of Wrath before anything else).
- 24px Tome of Justice is your strongest burst damage opener due to the high flat damage of its skills and the Quickness it generates. Use
- Once you've gone through 24px Tome of Justice your main damage skills are Symbol of Wrath, Whirling Wrath, Zealot's Defense, Ray of Judgment, Symbol of Blades, and Sword of Justice. Swap between your weapons using these skills whenever possible, and fill with autoattacks.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain as all the damage is loaded in the last hit.
- This build has access to a lot of short bursts of Quickness from mantras and 24px Tome of Justice. Use them to speed up the cast time of your burst damage skills.
- Fight enemies in your symbols to get the damage buff from Symbolic Avenger.
- Use Mantra of Solace and Shield of Wrath to block incoming attacks.
- Virtue of Justice, Leap of Faith, and Symbol of Blades blind enemies.
- Zealot's Defense, Wall of Reflection, Shield of the Avenger, or
- Tome of Courage has many good defensive skills. You can go into it and press a few skills (including Recalling the memory of heroes past, enchant nearby allies with formidable defenses.Stability (5s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- You have a lot of small heals in Mantra of Solace and 24px Tome of Resolve.
- Always press
- Always press
- To cleanse conditions, you can use
- If having lots of trouble with conditions bring Mantra of Lore.
- Bane Signet (as a last resort)