Firebrand - Quickness Greatsword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skill Bar
- 3 Specializations
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Consumables
- 6 Usage
Power Quickbrand is a powerful build in open world due to its high Quickness uptime and myriad of defensive skills combined with the high burst of Guardian.
This build is at its best when roaming, where it can make use of its primary damage weapon, Greatsword, and abuse symbols via . It is capable of handling most situations by itself.
Guardian's zerging options aren't as powerful as other classes, but it can make do by using STAFF. Staff's slow projectiles aren't good for fast zergs, but it can make do in a pinch. The build also offers extremely high support to nearby allies.
- When zerging, you should equip a STAFF and GREATSWORD.
- Your second weapon set is fairly flexible. Sword/Focus is suggested because it provides a good mix of defense, AoE damage, and mobility. Depending on what you need, you can run Axe (AoE damage and crowd control), Hammer (crowd control), Scepter (ranged and high damage on bosses), and/or Shield (crowd control and projectile defense).
- If you need to replace a skill, you should always replace before anything else.
- - grants more retaliation uptime for boss fights.
- - more crowd control.
- - more condition cleanse.
- - blinds enemies.
- or - if projectiles are a problem.
- if you need stability.
- - if running or .
Zerg Variant: Zeal
When zerging, it is beneficial to change out traits that rely on symbols in the Zeal traitline.
Roaming Variant: Honor
- For extremely difficult content, it maybe worth taking Honor instead of Zeal. This is a significant damage loss but allows you to dodge more often. Note that you will need to avoid using to maintain the passive. It is advised that you run Scepter and Focus with this variant.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The standard equipment for open world.
- When zerging, you should equip a GREATSWORD and LONGBOW. Your LONGBOW should have and
- For difficult encounters, consider food which increases your damage, such as +or food which grants you extra defense, such as,, and Can't find such food "Bowl of Orrian and Meat Stew"! Please refer to our food index..
In general, you should use event food when farming for profit.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- ,,- general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- Retaliation is a massive damage boost so you should try to have it up as much as possible. Your main retaliation sources are , , and . Always make sure you have retaliation before using your high-damage skills (e.g. by casting before anything else).
- is your strongest burst damage opener due to the high flat damage of its skills and the Quickness it generates. Use
- The cooldown of resets off every kill thanks to .
- Once you've gone through your main damage skills are , , , , , and . Swap between your weapons using these skills whenever possible, and fill with autoattacks.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain as all the damage is loaded in the last hit.
- This build has access to a lot of short bursts of Quickness from mantras and . Use them to speed up the cast time of your burst damage skills.
- Fight enemies in your symbols to get the damage buff from .
- Use and to block incoming attacks.
- , , and blind enemies.
- , , , or
- has many good defensive skills. You can go into it and press a few skills (including Recalling the memory of heroes past, enchant nearby allies with formidable defenses.Stability (5s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- You have a lot of small heals in and .
- Always press
- Always press
- To cleanse conditions, you can use
- If having lots of trouble with conditions bring .
- (as a last resort)