Firebrand - Radiance Hybrid
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Not being a direct replacement for Mantra Bunker, it's usually played as the second Firebrand in double FB comps. Mixing damage with heavy healing/boon sharing, this PvP build's rather flexible when it comes to roles and can do anything from 1v1s to supporting the team in larger fights.
For the optional slot you should take either of these stun breakers:
- - a great panic button especially against heavy condition pressure.
- - mobility boost which makes it easier to rotate between capture points (or chase down targets).
- Sustained healing (when not flipping through tomes) for the most part will come from dodge rolling and Aegis spamming (specifically through the traits and).
- Combining the empowered Retaliation with Fury pushes you to the 100% crit chance cap. If you only have one of these boonscomes into play.
- recharges all your Tomes, try to exhaust them for your sustain before having to resort to this elite. The traitis kind of a lesser version of this, capable of recharging.
- NOTE: the cooldown of a tome which is actively being used during a CD reset from either of these WILL NOT be reset! For instance if you still have 3 pages on but a target is just about to die, exit the tome so it can recharge.
- CD resets are limited to the tomes themselves, skills within the tomes are excluded.
- NOTE: the cooldown of a tome which is actively being used during a CD reset from either of these WILL NOT be reset! For instance if you still have 3 pages on
Symbols and damage
- Most of the damage comes from symbols and auto attacks, with the occasional mantra or tome skill thrown into the mix.
- Because of your symbols can cover an entire capture point on certain maps. They'll also heal allies, damage foes, and apply boons among other things. Stand in them for as long as possible!
- There are 3 symbols in the build:
- (Sword) is one of the few sources of Fury in the build and also serves as a gap closer.
- (Axe) which probably does more things than any other symbol. There are 2 important things to note about this skill - one, it's always placed in front of your character, not below you or the target and two,turn this skill into a CC which Dazes upon being placed on the ground.
- A lesser version of procs from your mantra heal via. This is a short duration one but fairly important because there's not a lot of Protection in the build, not to mention that it can be activated instantly by blowing mantra charges even while CC'd. Being instant, it's also a good source of extra damage if you need some additional cleave.
- If you want to do burst damage, overlap a bunch of symbols and keep targets inside them with CCs such as orwhilst auto attacking.
- Given enough time Mantras will recover their charges as long as at least one charge is left, so think twice before using the final charge - that's the most powerful one, but will put the Mantra on full CD.
- is your healing skill.
- should be shared with as many allies as possible. They do not receive the initial healing, but they do gain Aegis with all its related trait benefits. Note that this skill can be used while CC'd.
- The Aegis can be shared with downed players when you're reviving them in case you're being cleaved down.
- is a mix of both damage and sustain.
- Each charge inflicts damage and various conditions, most notably Weakness (mitigates incoming direct damage significantly) and Blind (the skill's instant, and being able to make attack miss no matter what you're doing can be really strong when used right).
- is the final charge which applies Immobilize. While the immob doesn't last too long, it's still good for pinning targets down in a team fight or just rooting them into multiple overlapping symbols.
- All tomes retain their passives after activation so don't hesitate to use them under pressure.
- Swapping out of a tome sends it on CD even if you didn't consume all the pages. Skills #4 and #5 are usually the strongest but with the longest recharge.
- It's possible to switch directly from tome to tome.
- Since the build doesn't trait for extra pages, your use of tomes is going to be a bit more limited, often prioritizing the use of only 2-3 skills.
Damage boost and some CC
Healing, cleansing, boon stacking
- Usually start with
The tome of emergencies
- , in which case the low cast time and the Resistance provided by this skill are going to be quite useful. This is also the only tome skill which breaks stun. Try to use it twice before leaving the tome, if possible.
- Recalling the memory of heroes past, enchant nearby allies with formidable defenses.Stability (5s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.
- Twitch: Chaton