Firebrand - Sagebrand
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A more condition damage oriented version of Symbolbrand that often sees play on NA.
can be replaced by either of the following skills (if you do this, take Can't find such trait "Retaliatory Subconscious"! Please refer to our trait index on Virtues):
- - very defensive choice, great against conditions.
- - another stun break and more focus on boons with some added group cleansing.
- - great choice in case you and your allies need better protection against CC.
- - easy access to Resistance if you can afford to give up some mobility.
- Sustained healing (when not flipping through tomes) for the most part will come from dodge rolling and Aegis spamming (specifically through the traits and ).
- recharges all your Tomes, try to exhaust them for your sustain before having to resort to this elite.
- NOTE: the cooldown of a tome which is actively being used during a CD reset WILL NOT be reset! For instance if you still have 3 pages on but a target is just about to die, exit the tome so it can recharge.
- CD resets are limited to the tomes themselves, skills within the tomes are excluded.
Symbols and damage
- Most of the damage comes from symbols, autoattacks, and passive procs.
- Thanks to the passive of Tome of Justice is greatly enhanced, especially when targets ball up. Let's say 2 enemies are reviving a downed teammate. If you hit 3 targets with 1 Axe slash, the passive will immediately be charged and 1 stack of AoE Burning will be inflicted on all of them. Throw in a ,
- Because of your symbols can cover an entire capture point on certain maps. They'll also heal allies, damage foes, and apply boons among other things. Stand in them for as long as possible!
- There are 3 symbols in the build:
- (Scepter) is a high uptime symbol that delivers lots of hits, making it ideal for proccing Burning from Tome of Justice's passive.
- (Axe) which probably does more things than any other symbol. There are 2 important things to note about this skill - one, it's always placed in front of your character, not below you or the target and two, turns this skill into a CC which Dazes upon being placed on the ground.
- A lesser version of procs from your mantra heal via . This is a short duration one but fairly important because there's not a lot of Protection in the build, not to mention that it can be activated instantly by blowing mantra charges even while CC'd. Being instant, it's also a good source of extra damage if you need some additional cleave.
- If you want to do burst damage, overlap a bunch of symbols and keep targets inside them with CCs such as or whilst autoattacking.
- is both a defensive and offensive utility skill. Against condition builds you should hold onto it and use it for cleansing when appropriate. Otherwise it could be used to stack Burning on your target with the help of some other skills. Enemies receive 2 stacks of Burning whenever they enter or leave the skill's area, so you could drop it right on top of them for 2 stacks, knock them outside with , and then pull them right back in with .
- Every CC skill in the build procs Chill via .
- Given enough time Mantras will recover their charges as long as at least one charge is left, so think twice before using the final charge - that's the most powerful one, but will put the Mantra on full CD.
- is your healing skill.
- should be shared with as many allies as possible. They do not receive the initial healing, but they do gain Aegis with all its related trait benefits. Note that this skill can be used while CC'd.
- The Aegis can be shared with downed players when you're reviving them in case you're being cleaved down.
- is a mix of both damage and sustain.
- Each charge inflicts damage and various conditions, most notably Weakness (mitigates incoming direct damage significantly) and Blind (the skill's instant, and being able to make attack miss no matter what you're doing can be really strong when used right).
- is the final charge which applies Immobilize. While the immob doesn't last too long, it's still good for pinning targets down in a team fight or just rooting them into multiple overlapping symbols.
- Swapping out of a tome sends it on CD even if you didn't consume all the pages. Skills #4 and #5 are usually the strongest but with the longest recharge.
- It's possible to switch directly from tome to tome.
- Since the build doesn't trait for extra pages, your use of tomes is going to be a bit more limited, often prioritizing the use of only 2-3 skills.
Damage boost and some CC
Healing, cleansing, boon stacking
- Usually start with
The tome of emergencies
- Recalling the memory of heroes past, enchant nearby allies with formidable defenses.
- Firebrand - Symbolbrand - Mender amulet version.