Guardian - Basic Guardian
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- This is a very basic guardian build which is F2P/Core accessible and can handle most open world content.
- Sword ⇒ Scepter for a decent ranged option.
- Sword/Focus ⇒ Staff for a long-ranged option with area damage and group support.
- Sword ⇒ Mace for a significant boost to sustain.
- Healing Skills
- - defensive option. You can cancel the animation but keep the block by stowing your weapon during the cast. However, you won't receive any healing if you do this.
- Utility Skills
- - grants more Resolution for boss fights where you can't proc much.
- - more crowd control.
- - if you need condition cleanse.
- - if you need to reflect projectiles.
- - alternative projectile defense option.
- - long-lasting swiftness while running.
- Elite Skills
- - more damage.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- You can use some Marauder or Knight's gear to add defense.
- , - good dps rune alternatives
- , , , - defensive options
- This food is used to maximize profit when farming events.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- This food assists with more difficult content, such as bosses or bounties.
- , - Defense/Damage
- , - Damage
- - Damage
- Thanks to the Virtues traitline, you should be spamming as often as possible. Since it resets on kill, you can use it often for a significant damage boost.
- Your main damage skills are , , , , , and . Swap between your weapons using these skills whenever possible, and fill with autoattacks.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain as all the damage is loaded in the last hit.
- Resolution is a massive damage boost so you should try to have it up as much as possible. Your main Resolution sources are , , , and
- resets off every kill thanks to .
- In long fights where you can't reset you can consider bringing and traiting .
- If you want more stacks of might; Consider using instead of . Choosing Either of them will not cost you any loss of damage.
- Try to fight enemies in your symbols to get the stacking damage buff from .
- If using , try not to get hit (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
- is a powerful defensive skill.
- , , and blind enemies.
- , and can be used against projectiles.
- Activating gives aegis, protection, Resolution, stability, and a stun break.
- You can run for more active defense.
- is a 3-second invulnerability skill that also refreshes and .
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- This build doesn't have much sustained healing, so avoiding damage is extremely important in long fights.
- Use to heal yourself for each enemy you hit.
- When at extremely low health, activate , then use for an immense amount of self-healing.
- You can activate for an emergency heal and condition cleanse.
- For a big condition cleanse, use while in a light field.
- (as a last resort)