Guardian - Hybrid Dmg
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The Hybrid Guardian brings an alternative to the regular DPS Guardian both in PvP and WvW. However, this build has decent dps via direct dmg and conditions dmg from burning, bleeding and poison , soft CC, and can handle well in every 1v1 situations. Survivability is pretty low especially against condition specs (aside from 1v1 situations). Not suitable for teamfights but does well in smaller skirmishes.
First Weapon Set
Second Weapon Set
Skill & Weapon Variants
- Sword over Scepter - more direct dmg but not from range and less cc
- Sword and torch over Greatsword - more viable 1v1 and proc burning more frequently
- Hammer over Greatsword - more aoe cc and area control with some nice group protection
Can't find such trait "Guardian"! Please refer to our trait index Can't find such trait "Guardian"! Please refer to our trait index Can't find such trait "Guardian"! Please refer to our trait index Can't find such trait "Guardian"! Please refer to our trait index Can't find such trait "Guardian"! Please refer to our trait index
|First Weapon Set
||Second Weapon Set
Amulet: Amulet/PvP Carrion Amulet
- Superior Rune of the Krait(1): +25 Condition Damage (2): +10% Bleeding Duration (3): +50 Condition Damage (4): +15% Bleeding Duration; 25% chance when struck to cause bleeding for 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 15s) (5): +100 Condition Damage (6): +20% Bleeding Duration; When you use an elite skill, you inflict bleeding, torment, and poison for 8 seconds to nearby foes. (Cooldown: 30s)
The Hybrid Guardian is a true doable dmg dealer with its burning dmg pressure while doing nice direct dmg pressure which in most circumstances can excel the dmg done by the regular dps guardian as it does not base on critical chance rather on dmg modifiers
- swap weapon when your enemy immobilize or used his 2 dodges to secure the poison and 3 bleeding stacks which add to your dmg around 500 dps for 10 seconds if not cleaned thus with burning your conditions dps will be ~1250 dps
- with Scepter/Focus, you can immobilize your target with
- use GS's
- use GS's
Always ask for a target in the teamfight you are heading to - you can press T to take the target and then use
- this lets you make shortcuts, for example teleporting up to midpoint on Battle of Khylo from outside of the building - not to mention the entirely unexpected burst. Furthermore, consider keybinding the "nearest enemy" button. This button will target the nearest enemy to you regardless of LoS. This let's you teleport to an enemy out of LoS without a target from your team, which is useful when trying to get to clocktower on Khylo. Altar or Temple on Temple of the Silent Storm.
- Well played condition engineer/necro
- Well played S/D thieves
- Youtube: PvP fights example