Guardian - Radiant Greatsword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
archived 3/18/21 for name change
- This is a very basic guardian build which is F2P/Core accessible and can handle most open world content. This build is ideal for roaming and performs rather poorly in zergs.
- The playstyle for this build involves jumping into the middle of large groups of mobs and using your to Blind them while using Greatsword's very high burst damage to burst them down as fast as possible. On a kill, your virtue's cooldown resets, allowing you to spam blinds and benefit heavily from . Against mobs that don't die quite so fast, you can switch to your off-hand set and wait out your Greatsword cooldowns. The build is very rhythmic.
- With Scepter/Focus, you can also effectively kite powerful mobs, allowing you to abuse guardian's many defensive abilities to complete difficult content.
- Sword ⇒ Scepter for a decent ranged option.
- Sword/Focus ⇒ Staff for a long-ranged option with area damage and group support.
- Sword ⇒ Mace for a significant boost to sustain.
- Healing Skills
- - defensive option. You can cancel the animation but keep the block by stowing your weapon during the cast. However, you won't receive any healing if you do this.
- Utility Skills
- - grants more retaliation for boss fights where you can't proc much.
- - more crowd control.
- - if you need condition cleanse.
- - if you need to reflect projectiles.
- - alternative projectile defense option.
- - long-lasting swiftness while running.
- Elite Skills
- - more damage.
- - if running or .
Roaming Variant: Honor
- For extremely difficult content, it maybe worth taking Honor instead of Zeal. This is a significant damage loss but allows you to dodge more often. It is advised that you run Scepter and Focus with this variant.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- Gear: Berserker's gear can be used in place of Marauder for higher damage, at a significant loss of defense.
- Runes: ,
- Sigils: can pair with a MACE for a massive boost to sustain. It is recommended to keep a Mace with this sigil in your inventory for extremely difficult fights.
- If running this variant use
- For difficult encounters, consider food which increases your damage, such as + or food which grants you extra defense, such as , , and Can't find such food "Bowl of Orrian and Meat Stew"! Please refer to our food index..
- Thanks to the Virtues traitline, you should be spamming as often as possible. Since it resets on kill, you can use it often for a significant damage boost.
- Your main damage skills are , , , , , and . Swap between your weapons using these skills whenever possible, and fill with autoattacks.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain as all the damage is loaded in the last hit.
- Retaliation is a massive damage boost so you should try to have it up as much as possible. Your main retaliation sources are , , , and
- resets off every kill thanks to .
- In long fights where you can't reset you can consider bringing and traiting .
- If you want more stacks of might; Consider using instead of . Choosing Either of them will not cost you any loss of damage.
- Try to fight enemies in your symbols to get the stacking damage buff from .
- If using , try not to get hit (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
- is a powerful defensive skill.
- , , and blind enemies.
- , and can be used against projectiles.
- Activating gives aegis, protection, retaliation, stability, and a stun break.
- You can run for more active defense.
- is a 3-second invulnerability skill that also refreshes and .
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- This build doesn't have much sustained healing unless you have , so avoiding damage is extremely important in long fights.
- Use to heal yourself for each enemy you hit.
- When at extremely low health, activate , then use for an immense amount of self-healing.
- You can activate for an emergency heal and condition cleanse.
- For a big condition cleanse, use while in a light field.
- (as a last resort)