Guardian - Radiant Hammer Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Roaming build based on the recent PvP build utilising the high crit chance from radiance traits.
- Another good Retaliation source, especially when dealing with more CC than conditions.
- could significantly increase your burst damage, but it may be hard to pull off in 1v1s.
Assuming you're using a full set of Ascended gear, the build sits at ~95% crit chance with Fury and Retaliation, and slightly overcaps it if the target's Burning. It's not necessary to hit exactly 100% with buffs as long as you don't dip below 85-90% with the aforementioned 2 boons, but if you want to go for 100% (without Burning), that's also an option. It's entirely up to you. These are your options for customization:
- Change some parts to Cavalier's for more tankiness but lower crit chance.
- Adding a bit precision with Berserker's or Marauder can be useful for reaching 100% crit chance.
- over Hydromancy - better cleansing on the defensive set, lower pressure.
- Defensive rune with additional boon duration for a higher Retaliation uptime.
- for slightly higher boon uptime.
- against non evading oponents.
- for increased boon uptime.
- Try to aid allies with as traited withit can break stun and apply stability among other things.
- is refreshed after each kill so make sure you always have it on cooldown right before a kill. Using it also applies AoE Blind which can be useful for stomping or making high priority skills miss.
- Try to burn through all of your virtues before resorting to . RF is a great skill to use if you're being focues by the enemy team and you don't have any CDs left.
- Your virtues that aren't on CD can be (and should be) activated while channeling this elite.
- Don't blow until the last moment of the channel. Let it heal you as much as possible.
- Every utility skill is a meditation, therefore can be used both defensively and offensively thanks to the Fury and healing from .
- Hammer provides various different CCs namely immobilize, launch and a ward.
- The auto attack chain is rather slow but ends with a powerful symbol which applies Protection.
- Spam pretty much on CD. Combo it with symbols as often as possible for AoE condition removal. This should be the first skill you use after swapping to this weapon, unless you really need to CC someone.
- is rather self-explanatory, use it to root people into important skills (most notablyand).
- Keep in mind that this is a projectile and can be reflected or negated accordingly.
- works on downed bodies which can be useful for disrupting rez attempts if the person who is revining the downed enemy is immune to CC for the time being.
- is a powerful area denial skill which can also be used to trap people inside it, even from range (with). Enemies knocked back with Banish won't leave the field therefore it can be used to CC people without knocking them out of Glacial Blow's range.
- This is the defensive set of the build, but still has some hard hitting skills.
- The main source of burst damage here comes from . Note that the projectiles can be very unreliable in anything but melee range. If you have Sigil of Agility on this set, always try to use it after swapping weapons to get the most out of it (except if you need to cleave a downed body, then use the quickness to auto attack).
- has many uses: vertical mobility via teleportation, symbol for cleaving, Blind to make an important skill miss, or a combo field which can be used for AoE cleansing by executing a blast finisher in it.
- is a ranged skill with great damage over time.
- is both an excellent defensive and offensive skill (more about that below). As far as defense goes, this can be used to block important attacks even while stunned. Always try to use it in a symbol (a Light field) for AoE condition cleansing.
Main burst combo (preferably executed from a safe distance):
- If possible, have an active Aegis to gain the damage bonus from.
- should be activated before the combo. Try not to get hit because you'll need it to explode for damage. Wait until only ~1 second remains of its duration then quickly proceed with the rest of the combo.
- Weapon Swap (in combat this also triggers your sigils).
- - start casting it from range.
- to teleport to the target right before MB finishes its animation.
- (to gain Retaliation from) should be used just before Mighty Blow lands.
- adds a nice bit of extra damage.
- Boon removal (as it takes away much of the build's damage)
- Constant condition overload.