Guardian - Shattered Aegis
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
High DPS Open Field Guardian build. Trades the sustain of Valor for the damage of Zeal. Works best in a party with another Guardian to maintain stability for everyone in your group.
- Use Hammer instead of Staff for more damage at the cost of sustain.
- "Retreat!" ⇒ Contemplation of Purity Personal defensive cooldown - strong counter to condition pressure.
- Purging Flames ⇒ Wall of Reflection if projectile hate is needed.
- Permeating Wrath trading the secondary stability and stunbreak against increased aoe damage.
- Boon duration gear such as Commander's or Wanderer's to increase Stability uptime is also a strong option.
- Swap Celestial for Crusader for an easier to obtain stat.
- Add Commander's or Marauder for extra damage.
- Add Wanderer's, Minstrel's or Soldier for extra defense.
- higher Stability uptime.
- - Alternative defensive, group support focused option
- Offensive option.
- Higher healing potential from Selfless Daring and Pure of Heart.
- Alternate offensive option.
- Alternate damage option.
- Alternate defensive option vs condi pressure.
- Support option.
- Stagger your skills that give Aegis, Shattered Aegis is a major part of your damage which will be wasted if aegis is overlapped.
- Use Renewed Focus (and Shelter) to escape damage. Renewed Focus also refreshes your virtues, so activate them whilst it channels (which does not cancel your channel) in order to get maximum effectiveness from the skill.
- Try to be conservative with RF, your defensive cooldowns are very limited.
- Use Purging Flames when you are being overwhelmed with conditions.
- "Stand Your Ground!" - gives area Stability to help secure stomps/resurrection or mitigate the effectiveness of an enemy CC (try to use SYG proactively, before a bomb). It is only a stun break for yourself, not your party.
- Virtue of Courage is your -and your party's- panic stability and area break stun. Use it only after "Stand Your Ground!" is on cooldown and stability is urgently needed.
- Use Mace/Shield to support your group and create heavy burst CC and healing. The autoattack provides very strong AoE healing.
- Use Shield of Absorption on downed players to push back a res/stomp attempt, either double tapping for an AoE heal or channeling for projectile defense.
- Staff is used before you engage the enemy zerg and when you regroup. Use it to heal and gain Might, as well as apply mild ranged pressure to enemies.
- Use Line of Warding to disrupt enemies and split players away from the main group whilst also stripping some stability.
- Double tapping Orb of Light will immediately activate its chain skill Detonate Orb of Light, a good group AoE heal if you are under heavy pressure.
- Stack might for your team with Empower. Make sure to finish the channel for the heal at the end.
- When running to/from objectives, speed up your zerg with Symbol of Swiftness.
- Rotation: Engage with Zealot's Embrace, Virtue of Justice and immediately after use Mighty Blow. Catch enemies with Ring of Warding. Continue autoattacking until Mighty Blow is ready or until you regroup, in which case save Mighty Blow to blast Water Fields before switching to Staff to use Empower.
- Mighty Blow is a blast finisher - use it on combo fields like fire, water, and chill.
- YouTube: [bM] Falx