Herald - Draconic Demon
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A versatile Herald build that can debuff, punish condition focused builds and builds relying on blocks.
- Note that Can't find such trait "Pulsating Pestilence"! Please refer to our trait index on legend swap has priority over which means conditions will transfer first and then be cleansed if any is left over.
- Legend swap can trigger on weapon swap sigils, changing weapons is not required.
- can be used cleverly to mitigate all damage or pressure then swap legends and pressure with demon skills.
- can be used defensively as well as offensively to overextend pressure, Fury also increases all forms of damage to the build so having it up at all time is important.
- is the main aspect to the mobility, but can also be used defensively for it's Weakness application. It's also ideal to use the Facet as often as possible before going to another legend since the skill will still pulse for 2 extra times after casting. At the start of any game it's a must to always have it on for the team.
- is preferably used before or to increase damage potential. It shouldn't ever be kept up.
- can greatly benefit team fights or revives, minimize damage in a pinch or be used to bait dodges as it can be stowed, keeping the facet up should be considered if legend swap is available.
- of is not without it's uses either, having along the way can increase your sustain making it last long upon a swap. Being that leaping with Can't find such skill "Unyielding Anguish"! Please refer to our skill index. or use before swapping legends to have both Resistance and Protection then extend it further with the rest of the boons can be extremely beneficial with or without the team around, it also pairs really well with builds that drops a large amount of boons quickly.
- is best used while under condition pressure, not power therefor using it while having a lot of conditions is good practice before legend swapping Can't find such trait "Pulsating Pestilence"! Please refer to our trait index with or as gap closer.
- Can't find such skill "Unyielding Anguish"! Please refer to our skill index. being a CC and Leap altogether, it's best paired with fields, preferably from the Elite Skill for extra sustain/mobility, it's incredibly telegraphed and expensive therefor using it at proper opportunities is crucial.
- which can absorb conditions makes one of the strongest points of this build even more powerful as the main aspect is to return conditions very often and gain large amount of Resistance in team fights and can also help revives, the synergy is also great with the demon and dragon healing skill. However it should be used diligently as stuns are still applicable right after and buffs can be removed/corrupted, in 1v1's the amount of immunity granted is 5 seconds with the trait bonus, it shouldn't be spammed to fully benefit from it.
- can be very strong after a CC in +1 fights, it can be great for targets who may willingly press too many keys carelessly, such as an Elementalist Scepter, Mesmer Shatters or Necromancer Shades. It passes through targets which makes it extremely good to use right after at the furthest foe, ripping boons off multiple targets, it's also viable to passively inflict the confusion if the energy is available so that multiple bursts of actions at any moment can be punished. Notably, builds that rely on blocking to retaliate in combat are very weak to this skill since it's unblockable.
- against builds that can contest points without any significant damage to fight back will pressure a lot. However, it's AoE and function is great to pair with both weapon set combo finishers which buffs Torment output also, this skill is ideal when swapping legends is available to not be vulnerable.
- of can replace during team fights that are heavy on conditions, saving a lot of energy to finally counter pressure with a transfer that can't be blocked nor evaded. This transfer should always be preferred before swapping legend.
- Sword/Axe are meant to be used offensively mostly, but can be also a good back up if running out of sustain on M/Sh.
- paired with inflicts Torment and with Can't find such trait "Rampant Vex"! Please refer to our trait index gives possibility to inflict Torment via 33% Chance on critical hit which Intelligence helps adding the power damage.
- is used either offensive/defensive to avoid damage, Agility makes it faster to use while Intelligence can make it's damage worth a little more.
- as said can be used as a gap closer but also guarantee damage with Intelligence.
- can be done faster with Agility followed by , those will also hit critically because of Intelligence for a decent power combo and stack of conditions, furthermore if initially not used, via Legend Swap which Intelligence will always work which makes also a reliable mix up for power damage as well as conditions to follow or replace Axe while it's on cooldown. can also pass through walls, so it's actually possible to hit enemies that tries to kite or LoS away behind cover/walls, jumping while casting the skill also increases it's height which contributes to reach to certain higher areas/slopes that are connected, like BoK middle section or the stairs in LoF middle section as well.
- Mace/Shield are meant to give condition damage passively while not being too vulnerable, so doing mix ups are really important to kill quickly, weapon skills alone won't do much.
- which is the last skill of autoattack inflicts Poison for long periods of time, which can be useful to slow revives on enemy players or deny healing potency as it spreads to 3 targets.
- is one of the main condition damage output of the build with very quick Burning, it has decent reward with low risk since shield skills are available.
- can be helpful in all sorts of situations, even defensively since it applies Weakness while if dodged early, there is a chance that it still hits the target due to how large the AoE is.
- as a low energy cost heal/cleanse is great to use anytime possible as the short Protection can cover up some damage too.
- can help recovering from any sort of pressure, if swapping from S/A, Escape will remove any Soft CC, which will make damaging conditions much easier to remove.
- Heavy CC users.
- Heavy cleansing builds.