Herald - Draconic Demon
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A versatile revenant build that punishes condition focused builds, AoE Condition/CC, boon removal, boon support and decent mobility.
- Note that on legend swap has priority overwhich means conditions will transfer first and then be cleansed if any is left over on yourself.
- - More Sustain at the losspotential.
- - Easier access to Swiftness with added healing at the loss of sustain boons on legend swap.
- - Makemore viable for use, losing conditions applied on legend swap. This option is harder to achieve and required extensive use of all facets includingto drain energy, but can be extremely rewarding for point pressure in the end and provide lot of protections for the teams.
- - Better option if not using Sage's amulet.
- - More boons at the cost of some support.
- Since doesn't have, havingwill play a big part of sustain while using Mace/Axe.
- Revenant can also trigger on weapon swap sigils with legend swap, changing weapons is not required.
- trigger more and conditions last longer for power and healing.
- - Increase overall damage at a lose of kitting potential.
- At the start of any game it's a must to always be on withto the team, most of the time this'll be the primary stance to constantly buff yourself as the situation demands Fury, Swiftness Might. Once engaged, use all your facets but the stunbreak and heal on point to free upkeep. Wheneveris used, immediately use theotherwise a good CC chain could mean death or being forced to swap legend whichis best used while under condition pressure, not power. Although it's important to be careful withas it may help you relieve condition pressure then counter with legend swap if on Glint or useon Mallyx then swap if the pressure still on going, make sure to stay in the radius ofvia the use ofor.
- As Sword autoattacks apply Vulnerability, with help of and if traited withthis gives possibility to inflict Torment via 33% Chance on critical hit andto which if 4 stacks of torment is reached, a boon will be stolen withthat recharges every 10 seconds.can also be very devastating as it will apply twice the Torment to whoever stays in the AoE, ideal for point pressure or downed players as otherwise should be used for mobility, which will slow down anyone going down the same path.
- The pressure of after a CC in +1 fights can be extremely good for the target who may willingly press too many keys carelessly, such as an Elementalist Scepter, Mesmer Shatters or Necromancer Shades.also passes through targets which makes it extremely good to use right afterat the furthest foe, ripping boons off multiple targets, it's also viable to passively inflict the confusion if the energy is available so that multiple bursts of actions can punish as well.
- The strongest points of this build are the ability to return conditions very often with the use of legend swapping with and also an extra transfer with, against a team which has a strong condition spike you can suck up withfrom teammates/be hit with conditions then either return them with enough stacks and/or heal with/then return them to those who are within the radius. This is especially good against Burn Guardians who it's possible to wait and stack all the possible Burning on yourself with Resistance then transfer the Burning with ridiculous ticks that can instant down them.
- Note that should be used diligently in the stance since it's the only stunbreak and still be exposed to more CC after, make sure that being able dodge/legend swap/have enough energy to do anything else is possible, otherwise there will be nothing to keep yourself out of trouble.
- Playing with requires a lot of energy management for the performance of the build, as everything else written above follows, when having little energy or being on a halt, a lot of skill chains can still be achieved to be effective. Such as usingwhen energy is low enough while using multiple facets then swap legends to gain extra energy and go overboard with the skills, the opposite is true withwhen it can help you keep the energy low and trigger the trait again to which you can then allow yourself to turn onimmediately to mitigate a lot of damage, it's possible to also use the Demon skills to speed up the process and swap quickly after if in need.
- ofis not without it's uses either, havingalong the way can increase your make your sustain last long upon a swap. Being that leaping withor useto drain the energy then swap legends to have both Resistance and Protection then extend it further with the rest of the boons can be extremely beneficial with or without the team around, it also pairs really well with Firebrands that drops a large amount of boons quickly.
- There is a an advanced trick that can be pulled off with , since it passes through walls, it's actually possible to hit enemies that tries to kite or LOS away behind cover/walls, jumping while casting the skill also increases it's height which contributes to reach to certain higher areas/slopes that are connected, like Battle of Khylo middle section or the stairs in Legacy of Foefire middle section as well.
- can deny a lot of safe spots enemies can use like the boxes on Eternal Coliseum on sides, the AoE will cover the entire climbing spot if used right.
- While Revenant doesn't possess any way to revive faster, it's possible to activate to pulse Protection mitigate any power cleave from foes likeand increase the chances of succeeding by usingas well. If the cleave is condition based, it's possible to take a huge burst to heal from then send it back to the attacker, if the downed player has too much conditions, usingwhich eases the pressure a bit can also mean all the difference to remove one condition and grant a few seconds of Resistance to the downed, especially if someone is reviving them along while swapping/stunbreaking withalso applies either legend bonuses too. If the revival has been taking too long and many conditions are inflicted to yourself,will heal quite a lot more for each conditions that after doing so assuming you have very high number of stacks to either swap legends or use Mallyxif the enemy isn't careful to avoid it, which will punish them with those dangerous stacks of conditions via transfers.
- Strong CC users. IE Thieves with , Warriors with,,,. Because thieves get insane mobility and instant dazes, the best defense is to useorand use least skills as possible other than autoattacks while the AoE pulse punishes them for getting too close. Against warriors always try to keep evades for CC's asunlikewill not roll yourself out of danger. Mace weakness, sword evades and shield blocks have to be used wisely.
- Unblockable/Range Users. IE Rangers with /, Deadeyes, Power Mesmers, the best way to fight dangerous foes with range is to use eitherand/orthen pressure with the rest of the kit.can also be combined with the following to mitigate their first burst while making up for the distance as the lack ofthere is nothing else but normal evades to avoid unblockable damage. With Deadeyes, unless Revealed withto which,can help landing it, catching them in Stealth with acan also punish them, always disengage behind cover until it's possible reveal/pull again. As for Power Mesmers, they will generally have the distance advantage, but getting close to them while avoiding their burst,can be very oppressing to their lack of cleansing which makes up for the lack of range in the build.
- Strong cleansing builds. Anything that has a lot of cleanses constantly and passively such as Firebrands supports, Holosmiths with or Weavers withwill take quite some effort, the only way to deal with those is to wisely strip boons and consistently pressure with, otherwise they will reset over and over as there is no heavy spikes on the build. Energy is precious and should only be invested in the unblockable torment and Mace/Axe, preferably after they used their utility.