Herald - Draconic Demon
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A versatile revenant build that punishes condition focused builds, AoE Condition/CC, boon removal, boon support and decent mobility.
- Note that Pulsating Pestilence on legend swap has priority over Cleansing Channel which means conditions will transfer first and then be cleansed if any is left over on yourself.
- 24px Demonic Resistance - More Sustain at the loss Unyielding Anguish potential.
- Rapid Flow - Easier access to Swiftness with added healing at the loss of sustain boons on legend swap.
- Charged Mists - Make Embrace the Darkness more viable for use, losing conditions applied on legend swap. This option is harder to achieve and required extensive use of all facets including Facet of Chaos to drain energy, but can be extremely rewarding for point pressure in the end and provide lot of protections for the teams.
- Core Value - Better option if not using Sage's amulet.
- Draconic Echo - More boons at the cost of some support.
- Since Legendary Demon Stance doesn't have Riposting Shadows, having will play a big part of sustain while using Mace/Axe.
- Revenant can also trigger on weapon swap sigils with legend swap, changing weapons is not required.
- Rampant Vex trigger more and conditions last longer for power and healing.
- Swapping Runes will cost kitting potential.
- - Increase overall condition damage.
- - Increase condition damage and health.
- - Additional Condition and Boon Duration with no longer having to manage swiftness.
- - Better endurance regeneration.
- At the start of any game it's a must to always be on Legendary Dragon Stance with Facet of Elements to the team, most of the time this'll be the primary stance to constantly buff yourself as the situation demands Fury, Swiftness Might. Once engaged, use all your facets but the stunbreak and heal on point to free upkeep. Whenever Gaze of Darkness is used, immediately use the Facet of Light otherwise a good CC chain could mean death or being forced to swap legend which Empowering Misery is best used while under condition pressure, not power. Although it's important to be careful with Infuse Light as it may help you relieve condition pressure then counter with legend swap if on Glint or use One with Nature on Mallyx then swap if the pressure still on going, make sure to stay in the radius of Pulsating Pestilence via the use of Unrelenting Assault or Frigid Blitz.
- As Sword autoattacks apply Vulnerability, with help of Rampant Vex and if traited with 24px Abyssal Chill this gives possibility to inflict Torment via 33% Chance on critical hit and Precision Strike to which if 4 stacks of torment is reached, a boon will be stolen with Opportune Extraction that recharges every 10 seconds. Unyielding Anguish can also be very devastating as it will apply twice the Torment to whoever stays in the AoE, ideal for point pressure or downed players as otherwise should be used for mobility, which will slow down anyone going down the same path.
- The pressure of Banish Enchantment after a CC in +1 fights can be extremely good for the target who may willingly press too many keys carelessly, such as an Elementalist Scepter, Mesmer Shatters or Necromancer Shades. Banish Enchantment also passes through targets which makes it extremely good to use right after Temporal Rift at the furthest foe, ripping boons off multiple targets, it's also viable to passively inflict the confusion if the energy is available so that multiple bursts of actions can punish as well.
- The strongest points of this build are the ability to return conditions very often with the use of legend swapping with Pulsating Pestilence and also an extra transfer with Legendary Demon Stance One with Nature, against a team which has a strong condition spike you can suck up with Pain Absorption from teammates/be hit with conditions then either return them with enough stacks and/or heal with Infuse Light/ Empowering Misery then return them to those who are within the radius. This is especially good against Burn Guardians who it's possible to wait and stack all the possible Burning on yourself with Resistance then transfer the Burning with ridiculous ticks that can instant down them.
- Note that Pain Absorption should be used diligently in the stance since it's the only stunbreak and still be exposed to more CC after, make sure that being able dodge/legend swap/have enough energy to do anything else is possible, otherwise there will be nothing to keep yourself out of trouble.
- Playing with Charged Mists requires a lot of energy management for the performance of the build, as everything else written above follows, when having little energy or being on a halt, a lot of skill chains can still be achieved to be effective. Such as using Infuse Light when energy is low enough while using multiple facets then swap legends to gain extra energy and go overboard with the skills, the opposite is true with Embrace the Darkness when it can help you keep the energy low and trigger the trait again to which you can then allow yourself to turn on Facet of Chaos immediately to mitigate a lot of damage, it's possible to also use the Demon skills to speed up the process and swap quickly after if in need.
- One with Nature of Legendary Dragon Stance is not without it's uses either, having Spirit Boon along the way can increase your make your sustain last long upon a swap. Being that leaping with Unyielding Anguish or use Pain Absorption to drain the energy then swap legends to have both Resistance and Protection then extend it further with the rest of the boons can be extremely beneficial with or without the team around, it also pairs really well with Firebrands that drops a large amount of boons quickly.
- There is a an advanced trick that can be pulled off with Temporal Rift, since it passes through walls, it's actually possible to hit enemies that tries to kite or LOS away behind cover/walls, jumping while casting the skill also increases it's height which contributes to reach to certain higher areas/slopes that are connected, like Battle of Khylo middle section or the stairs in Legacy of Foefire middle section as well.
- Unyielding Anguish can deny a lot of safe spots enemies can use like the boxes on Eternal Coliseum on sides, the AoE will cover the entire climbing spot if used right.
- While Revenant doesn't possess any way to revive faster, it's possible to activate Facet of Chaos to pulse Protection mitigate any power cleave from foes like Impossible Odds and increase the chances of succeeding by using Infuse Light as well. If the cleave is condition based, it's possible to take a huge burst to heal from then send it back to the attacker, if the downed player has too much conditions, using Pain Absorption which eases the pressure a bit can also mean all the difference to remove one condition and grant a few seconds of Resistance to the downed, especially if someone is reviving them along while swapping/stunbreaking with Spirit Boon also applies either legend bonuses too. If the revival has been taking too long and many conditions are inflicted to yourself, Empowering Misery will heal quite a lot more for each conditions that after doing so assuming you have very high number of stacks to either swap legends or use Mallyx One with Nature if the enemy isn't careful to avoid it, which will punish them with those dangerous stacks of conditions via transfers.
- Heavy CC users.
- Heavy cleansing builds.