Herald - WvW celestial roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
All-rounded WvW revenant build with purpose of utilizing revenant's traitlines with celestial stats. Great sustain and solid damage for melee focus groups and roaming on WvW.
Instead of Retribution or Corruption, depending on personal preferences(more condi pressure or physical damage) and an opponent you're facing.
- Superior Rune of the Krait(1): +25 Condition Damage (2): +10% Bleeding Duration (3): +50 Condition Damage (4): +15% Bleeding Duration; 25% chance when struck to cause bleeding for 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 15s) (5): +100 Condition Damage (6): +20% Bleeding Duration; When you use an elite skill, you inflict bleeding, torment, and poison for 8 seconds to nearby foes. (Cooldown: 30s)
- for more damage/sustain
- against conditions.
- depending on whether you took corruption traits or went for more physical damage.
- While roaming borders, keep Facet of Darkness Facet of Elements and Facet of Light up to stack boons duration if there are no neutral creatures you could cast Phase Traversal at. Optimizing between swiftness stacking and usage of Phase Traversal low CD makes Revenant almost as mobile as thief.
- Make sure you have Glint's legend before flipping hostile camp. Once you approach it, try to gather as many NPCs as possible and stack them with Temporal Rift so you could apply AoE vulnerability with Burst of Strength and dump some damage with Elemental Blast. Watch for Scout's blind though and also try to take them down as possible as they may greatly increase flipping time. Also, try not to use Infuse Light for clearing the camp, as there is a high possibility of somebody comming to defend it. Infuse the light may help you to recover and thus help you escape or take them down if you're lucky enough
- In organized blob fights either stay protecting the Range Group fulfilling support role and peeling for them. Or join your melee group and aim for their backline once your group decides to engage and initiate a fight. Celestial revenant is relatively tanky so it's not hard to stomp a downed opposite's blob commander if there is a need. Just don't forget to dodge for a proc of Unwavering Avoidance and keep your Infuse Light up just in case.
- If you feel that engaged into a problem or you're out of possible way to refill your HP, use Phase Traversal on some ambient creature to escape and recover. Phase Traversal also helps you shadow step to your enemy through the walls and take them by a surprise with instant cast of Surge of the Mists.
- You can also lure your enemy into the underwater fight if you feel like running low on sustain as it will force Glint's stance into Mallyx with no CD on Empowering Misery.
- Try to obtain underwater gear with carrion stats allocation as most of the underwater revenant's skills are powered with condition damage.
Counters and Weakness
- Still quite vulnerable to condition damage and ironically confsuion like most other revenant builds.
- Can be easily kited by clever thieves and mesmers with stealth as Gaze of Darkness reveal radius is very small so try using it right before they go stealth.
- Lack of long range.
- may make revenant very vulnerable to conditions transfers.
- Celestial Gear is rather hard to obtain.