Holosmith - Marauder Rifle
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
An sPvP Holosmith burst build with elixirs, focusing on Photon Forge damage and dodging people to death with Mine Trail.
- Enable skill retargetting (under general options, combat/movement section). This lets you cast facing target A, potentially bait out a dodge, then switch over to target B just before the skill goes off and hit that target.
- Dodge rolling scatters mines and can also be used to lower heat levels (15% per roll) while inflicting AoE burning.
- can knock downed enemies off of capture points, bleeding them out while you cap thus delaying their respawn. Your elite skill could do the same, but that'd be a waste of cooldowns (except if there are enemies trying to revive their downed, in that case your elite can pressure all of them while interrupting the rez attempt even even if thed had Stability by launching the downed player far enough to cancel the channeling).
- is a gamble - it'll either spawn a smoke screen (smoke field which destroys projectiles), or a Wall of Reflection (light field which reflects projectiles). In some cases you'll want to use this skill for the smoke field to combo Stealth with skills like Holo Leap to disengage. Blasting the field results in AoE stealth. Blasting the light field can be used to cleanse conditions.
- Use Holo Leap for Swiftness while moving between capture points.
- can be used not only to revive allies, but yourself as well if you manage to throw this at your feet 1-2 seconds before getting downed.
- Using Leap and Blast Finishers in Water fields will result in healing (single target with a Leap, AoE heal with a Blast). Notable fields and finishers:
- and its toolbelt skillare both Water fields. Regenerating Mist has a very short duration and will only persist long enough to use a single finisher.
- Leap Finishers include ,, and Holo Leap.
- The only Blast Finishers is .
- Placing Healing Turret AoE cleanses 2 conditions. If you pick the turret up (default key: F) instead of detonating then it'll go on a 25% shorter CD, which means you can trade a bit of healing for more frequent cleansing.
- Dropping out of Holo mode converts a number of conditions into boons, depending on the level of heat.
- The best source of spammable damage are dodges powered by the trait Mine Trail, which drops mines at your location.
- Rifle has 3 purposes: poke damage from range when going in would be too dangerous, setting up burst with CC skills, and finishing off targets with andafter you had to drop out of Holo mode.
- Most of the burst damage will be done in Holo mode, but don't stay in it long enough to reach maximum heat. It's advised to use Corona Burst shortly, if not immediately after entering Holo mode for the Stability. Auto attacks in this mode deal heavy damage, use for the Quickness and Fury for burst damage. Vent heat by dodging to stay in Holo mode longer (and to deal some additional cleave damage by scattering mines and inflicting Burning).
- ,andcan CC people long enough to set up a burst.