Holosmith - Power Sword DPS
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A power DPS Holosmith build for fractals and raids. This build brings good burst and sustained AoE damage.
- While this build deals good damage on its own, it excels when there are lots of conditions on the boss for .
- Shield can be used in the offhand slot of extra CC and/or survivability for a very minor DPS loss.
- Healing Skills
- provides a massive amount of healing if you can predict damage spikes (e.g. specific mechanics in raids). It also provides CC with .
- Utility Skills
- Swapping out your utility skills is a large DPS loss and should only be considered as a last ditch option.
- can be useful in uncoordinated groups for the protection and pull.
- if you don't trust your healer to keep you alive or stunbreak you in high pressure fights.
- or slaying sigils when applicable.
- Slaying potions when applicable.
- The logic behind this rotation is to maximize your Photon Forge and uptime. First you build heat in Photon Forge with , , and autoattack chains. After you overheat, you use your highest damage skills together with , then fill with Sword auto-attacks and your high damage skills such as and . Rinse and repeat when Photon Forge is available again.
- Start with 90% heat.
- → → x2
- -> -> x2
- -> -> x2
- → → x3
- Under no circumstances should you ever overheat as it will massively reduce your damage output. Try to exit photon forge as close to 149 heat as possible.
- will continue to generate heat for a short time after it finishes, but it will not trigger an overheat if you are not in forge. For this reason, it should be the last skill you use while in Photon Forge.
- Never interrupt your Photon Forge auto-attack chain.
- If you are a little slow with the rotation outside of Photon Forge, you may find that you are not close to 149 heat when you would normally exit. In this case, perform an extra Photon Forge auto-attack chain.
- The cooldown on is longer than the loop, so it will change position in the rotation. Whenever you enter , use if it is available. If it is still on cooldown the third time you enter in the loop (just before going into Photon Forge), use instead. Both and may be omitted from the rotation if you are losing too much heat between Photon Forge uses.
- should be used off cooldown. Try to stand inside the boss' hitbox when you cast this, to ensure all projectiles hit the boss.
- , , and should also be used off cooldown.