Holosmith - Power DPS No Kit
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A power DPS build for Holosmith. This build has a very simple rotation consisting of autoattacking and spamming toolbelt skills to proc Static Discharge. Like its rifle-and-kits counterpart Holosmith - Power DPS, it has good damage, CC, and Vulnerability application. This makes it a good build for beginning fractal or raid players.
- While this build deals good damage on its own, it excels when there are lots of conditions on the boss for Modified Ammunition. A dedicated healer in the party will also help maintain this build's bonus after it deals damage to itself with 24px Photonic Blasting Module.
- As this build deals around 10% less damage than Holosmith - Power DPS, dedicated fractal or raid players will want to eventually graduate to the rifle build. However this build generates a fair amount of personal Quickness, which can be worth it in encounters that force you to move out of your Chronomancer's boon sharing range.
- You can run Shield instead of pistol for more CC.
- Healing Skills
- A.E.D. provides a massive amount of healing if you can predict damage spikes (e.g. specific mechanics in raids). It also provides CC with Static Shock.
- Utility Skills
- Swapping out your utility skills is a large DPS loss and should only be considered as a last ditch option.
- Hard Light Arena can be useful in uncoordinated groups for the protection and pull.
- Spectrum Shield if you don't trust your healer to keep you alive or stunbreak you in high pressure fights.
- and Major Sigil of the Night when applicable.
- Slaying sigils when applicable.
- Slaying potions when applicable.
- The logic behind this rotation is to maximize your Photon Forge and 24px Laser's Edge uptime. First you build heat in Photon Forge with Corona Burst, Photon Blitz, and autoattack chains. After you overheat, you use your highest damage skills together with Solar Focusing Lens, then fill with sword skills. Rinse and repeat when Photon Forge is available again.
- Engage Photon Forge
- Corona Burst
- Photon Blitz
- Light Strike ⇒ Bright Slash ⇒ Flash Cutter x5
- Corona Burst
- Photon Blitz
- Laser Disk
- Prime Light Beam
- Prioritize Blowtorch ⇒ 24px Refraction Cutter ⇒ autoattack chain until Photon Forge is ready
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain.
- Surprise Shot and 24px Particle Accelerator are instant cast. Chain them together and constantly use them off cooldown while you're doing your rotation.
- 24px Blade Burst should be used off cooldown, as long as you're above 51 heat. Try to stand inside the boss' hitbox when you cast this, to ensure all projectiles hit the boss.
- You can precast Incendiary Ammo (the Flamethrower tool belt skill) for higher damage as the fight begins.
- If Quickness uptime is low you can use 24px Radiant Arc.